Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LastLine

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 24, 2005
Version 1.0.1 is now LIVE in the App Stoe - with this and a server update downloaded you should be able to use the PTT just fine.

Hey everyone,

Just here to let you all know about our new iPad application.

We call it Tap Play, and it's an exciting new way to control your
World of Warcraft, Star Trek Online or any other MMO, Action using your iPad.

Using just your iPad and a small server application on your Windows or
Mac PC you can control your spell casting and gain access to regularly
used commands at the touch of a finger. Think of all that finger
stretching reaching to press Alt and 0 together - gone! Much faster
game play for all those situations where speed really does matter - the difference between life and death in your next PvP match!

Check out our
Youtube Video Demo

Facebook Page
or
Twitter Pagefor more info.

The app includes bound keys for items such as the different power
trays, spellbook, bag access and many more. It can also be used with a
number of other MMO's (so long as they support key binding or key
reconfiguration) so why not check us out? We're also running a small
competition on our Twitter at the minute so take a look.

Available on the App Store:
http://www.clarkeapps.blogspot.com
Any questions please give us a shout, we'd love to hear from you.

This is the creation of myself and my wife (who also plays) she's been testing it for the last month or so and loves it, makes controlling in space so much simpler, check it out.

DylanG

macrumors regular
Jul 8, 2007
I don't have time to game anymore but I would have liked that when I was a heavy WoW player. Congratulations on getting it in the store.

You might want to change the link on your page to regular http. Not all browsers redirect the itms protocol.

Dillenger

macrumors 6502a
Mar 23, 2006
Central, Illinois
As a WoW player on my iMac i3, I really like what you are doing with this App. Did I hear you right on You Tube that you are working on an iPhone app too? I couldn't hear what you said very clearing as the microphone was either off to the side, or behind you.

LastLine

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 24, 2005
I bought your App, since you have a special price this weekend, but it won't download from the App store.

Likely am iTunes issue, it literally just went live so give it a go later. If not give apple a yell. Sorry but there's actually little I can do about that. I downloaded a copy from te us store earlier fine but other regions may take a bit to folder through.

And yes we are in the early stages of planning for iPhone. We just need to decide exactly how it should act. Our thought at tr minute is to so navigation on iPhone and leave the iPad for combat. Thoughts?

LastLine

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 24, 2005
As a WoW player on my iMac i3, I really like what you are doing with this App. Did I hear you right on You Tube that you are working on an iPhone app too? I couldn't hear what you said very clearing as the microphone was either off to the side, or behind you.

Just as a thought does your iMac run leopard or higher? If so I'd love to hear your feedback on performance as we've only ever Tested on intel Macs.

Dillenger

macrumors 6502a
Mar 23, 2006
Central, Illinois
Just as a thought does your iMac run leopard or higher? If so I'd love to hear your feedback on performance as we've only ever Tested on intel Macs.

The app downloaded so that is taken care of. I haven't really had the time to use it, but will give it a go this evening as out guild will be running a few instances. as far as the iPhone app, Hmmm, I'm still thinking on that one. Yes, I have a iMac Intel i3 so I really can't say about it working on any other Mac's.

LastLine

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 24, 2005
The app downloaded so that is taken care of. I haven't really had the time to use it, but will give it a go this evening as out guild will be running a few instances. as far as the iPhone app, Hmmm, I'm still thinking on that one. Yes, I have a iMac Intel i3 so I really can't say about it working on any other Mac's.

My bad. Misread i3 as g3.

The iPhone apps a month or two away yet. We're still sorting out updates and expansions for the ipad yet.

Dillenger

macrumors 6502a
Mar 23, 2006
Central, Illinois
I had an opportunity to try your app out tonight, and it's pretty impressive for the first version. One thing I cannot get to work though is the green PTT and Ventrillo. The key binding keeps going to the letter T even tough on my regular keyboard it is set up to the control key.

LastLine

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 24, 2005
The PTT key is set to T within the app. You will need to change it in your settings. Sorry. We do plan to allow customisation in a future version however

LastLine

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 24, 2005
Ok, it would be a great option to consider though.

Yep - no arguments there - and it will come (whether it will be to allow the choice of 2 or 3 options, or complete control is TBC).

It would have made it into release one, however due to the fact we both work and completed this project in our spare time and annual holidays we had a very limited development time. As we weren't sure how well the app would be received we decided to release it as it is now to see if anyone even bought it! We'll be working on the next patch soon though as it's a spare time thing I can't even begin to give an ETA yet, but be assured it will arrive :)

BTW: New YOutube Video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXD7eT2_j1Q

Dillenger

macrumors 6502a
Mar 23, 2006
Central, Illinois
Yep - no arguments there - and it will come (whether it will be to allow the choice of 2 or 3 options, or complete control is TBC).

It would have made it into release one, however due to the fact we both work and completed this project in our spare time and annual holidays we had a very limited development time. As we weren't sure how well the app would be received we decided to release it as it is now to see if anyone even bought it! We'll be working on the next patch soon though as it's a spare time thing I can't even begin to give an ETA yet, but be assured it will arrive :)

BTW: New YOutube Video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXD7eT2_j1Q

Excellent!, The more I use Tap Play the more I really like it. Some really cool graphics around the keys would be very nice too, or maybe making it skinable.

LastLine

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 24, 2005
Excellent!, The more I use Tap Play the more I really like it. Some really cool graphics around the keys would be very nice too, or maybe making it skinable.

Thanks for the feedback - can I ask which game it is you're playing it on? I take it Warcraft from how you talk? Yeah - we're not fully happy with the graphics there but we're not quite sure what we want to do with it - any suggestions?

I would encourage people who like the app to leave an iTunes review too, even if only short - it helps our moral here no end :D

We updated our Youtube by the way.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXD7eT2_j1Q

Dillenger

macrumors 6502a
Mar 23, 2006
Central, Illinois
Thanks for the feedback - can I ask which game it is you're playing it on? I take it Warcraft from how you talk? Yeah - we're not fully happy with the graphics there but we're not quite sure what we want to do with it - any suggestions?

I would encourage people who like the app to leave an iTunes review too, even if only short - it helps our moral here no end :D

We updated our Youtube by the way.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXD7eT2_j1Q

Yes, a WoW player. (I wish there was a Mac OS version of Star Trek) Regarding the graphics, is it possible to make it skinable? or maybe have an option of different skins the end user can choose from? I left a review for you on the App store? Just curious, how many people have bought the this app so far?

LastLine

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 24, 2005
Yes, a WoW player. (I wish there was a Mac OS version of Star Trek) Regarding the graphics, is it possible to make it skinable? or maybe have an option of different skins the end user can choose from? I left a review for you on the App store? Just curious, how many people have bought the this app so far?

We're in the region on 'dozens' , might not sound lot but given we've not spent on advertising we're happy so far. We plan on putting some initial profit into advertising but our own financial situation doesn't allow that comittment until the end of the month. We're starting work on the podcast scene soon but I'd definitely encourage people to spread by word of mouth, it sounds shallow but the more people that buy the more time we can afford to put into future editions if that makes sense (more income from this = less overtime shifts at work = more development time)

I'm not quite sure what you mean by skinnable, but if you mean to add your own creation in I don't really see that as being possible within the developer guidelines.

That said, in time, we intend to add more skins in - that's a definite task, we've got to get things pinned down on the current release first but following that we have plans for:

City of Heroes (conceptualisation stage)
Klingon skin for Star Trek
A couple of Warcraft alternatives - we have no designs for these yet but know we want them there
EVE - possibly.

We also want to run a competition to 'design a skin' but we've nowhere near enough users just yet as to be able to justify that, we'd get a couple of entries at most so far.

But yes - more skins is in the near future. Do you have any ideas to share? If so we'd love to hear from you clarkeapps(@)gmail.com

Dillenger

macrumors 6502a
Mar 23, 2006
Central, Illinois
We're in the region on 'dozens' , might not sound lot but given we've not spent on advertising we're happy so far. We plan on putting some initial profit into advertising but our own financial situation doesn't allow that comittment until the end of the month. We're starting work on the podcast scene soon but I'd definitely encourage people to spread by word of mouth, it sounds shallow but the more people that buy the more time we can afford to put into future editions if that makes sense (more income from this = less overtime shifts at work = more development time)

I'm not quite sure what you mean by skinnable, but if you mean to add your own creation in I don't really see that as being possible within the developer guidelines.

That said, in time, we intend to add more skins in - that's a definite task, we've got to get things pinned down on the current release first but following that we have plans for:

City of Heroes (conceptualisation stage)
Klingon skin for Star Trek
A couple of Warcraft alternatives - we have no designs for these yet but know we want them there
EVE - possibly.

We also want to run a competition to 'design a skin' but we've nowhere near enough users just yet as to be able to justify that, we'd get a couple of entries at most so far.

But yes - more skins is in the near future. Do you have any ideas to share? If so we'd love to hear from you clarkeapps(@)gmail.com

Yes by "skinable" the ability to use my own background image. I remember an old Palm Treo app I once used, I can't think of the name of it, but you could basically use your own picture behind the app icons. Another game that you might consider creating for is Second Life. If any other ideas pop up I'll drop you an email.

LastLine

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 24, 2005
Hm, I see what you mean - though I must confess I can't see a reason that you'd really want to - y'know, other than 'just because'. I'm not saying no, I just can't fathom why yet.

Dillenger

macrumors 6502a
Mar 23, 2006
Central, Illinois
Hm, I see what you mean - though I must confess I can't see a reason that you'd really want to - y'know, other than 'just because'. I'm not saying no, I just can't fathom why yet.

Ahh, but you could do some really neat stuff like load a WoW screen shot in the background, or a cool WoW landscape, etc.... What were your thoughts about the MMO game - Second Life as it is playable on both the Windows and Mac OS platform?

LastLine

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 24, 2005
Ahh, but you could do some really neat stuff like load a WoW screen shot in the background, or a cool WoW landscape, etc.... What were your thoughts about the MMO game - Second Life as it is playable on both the Windows and Mac OS platform?

Fair point. Maybe down the line.

Regarding second life? Maybe - I'm not familiar with the game beyond knowing it exists and the general premise - any chance you can outline how you see it being used.

Dillenger

macrumors 6502a
Mar 23, 2006
Central, Illinois
Fair point. Maybe down the line.

Regarding second life? Maybe - I'm not familiar with the game beyond knowing it exists and the general premise - any chance you can outline how you see it being used.

Within Second Life there are key strokes for flying from area to area and interaction with other people, buying/selling, dancing, surfing, etc....

LastLine

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 24, 2005
I'll look into it.

Anyway - for the next hour (give or take) from 19.00GMT we'll be demoing the app on

[Stream Ended]

If you decide you like it - you can download immediately from

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/tap-p...387723212?mt=8

Unfortunately I haven't figured out how to sound on Ustream so it'll be video only but hopefully it'll help any of you who are sat on the fence about it.

I'll be running through a range of PvP, daily missions nad general playing around - the sort of stuff I do in a general evening's gameplay. Sorry about the low light, unfortunately I can't do much about it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.