PDA

View Full Version : need help! with projectors

rrichy
Dec 14, 2004, 09:08 PM
hi,
i have a few Q. about projectors, im hoping you all might know.
first Q. im helping to pick out a new proj. for my church the main sanctuary is like 40X60 the proj. we currently use is only 300lum. it is used for worship presentations in powerpoint and teaching videos and church made movies from imovie.
i have a idea what are needs are of a proj. and its abilities but i need some ones experianced with thoughts on what we need.
we are limited to around $1500. and will buy it on ebay.
so lcd or dlp?
1500lum. or more?
1000:1 contrast more or less?
anything else i should consider thanks.

now next Q. my friend projects the worship presentations through power point on a imac g4 while he is projecting text he would like to now and then project pics has well like for instance fire then go back to the text of the song that is being sung, but we would interject pics at spontainous times not preplaned before the service.
one way would be a dual moniter setup i thought but for now all we have is the imac that the video card cannot be upgraded but we all have pc laying around so they tried a switch with the imac and a pc laptop so when the time was right for a pic they would switch to the pc then back again but that did not work right and gets the proj. confused but worked better with someones ibook but still is there a better way to do what we want to do without switching continously?
one said the reason the mac and pc wont work together is they are differant signals are they?
do we have to get a projector that can recognize a mac and pc together?
can any proj. recognize mac?
should we get a projector with dual inputs?
would keynote work better then powerpoint for what we want to do?