PDA

View Full Version : Weird Trackpad Problem

urban1985_
Dec 14, 2004, 09:33 PM
Similar to the PB keyboard problem some people have, my trackpads having issues. I don't remember when I first noticed it, but at the top side-center of my track pad is a raised portion of it. Almost like an airbubble, but not really.

I just notice the pad itself is slightly higher than the rest of the pad in this area. There doesn't seem to be any performance issues, but it gets annoying. I press it down and it stays flat for about a minute, and eventually raises again.

Just wondering if this would lead to some serious problems in the future, and if so, should I go get it fixed?

Thanks.

diamond geezer
Dec 14, 2004, 10:13 PM
Sounds like there may be a raised screw poking up from the top shield underneath the top case. Although saying that, I don't believe there are any screws in exactly that position. Maybe a piece of foreign material may have got under there?

mad jew
Dec 14, 2004, 10:27 PM
Get it fixed! I had a similar problem with my iBook and after a little while the trackpad strated playing up. I've got a mouse too so I just used that and ignored the problem for about two months. I eventually started using the trackpad again once uni started and the problem had severely worsened to the point where the trackpad was unusable. The curser would fly all over the screen and selecting anything was impossible.

My advice: don't ignore this problem. Get it fixed ASAP because there's nothing more annoying than a wrecked trackpad when you're trying to edit assignments on the bus, half an hour before they're due. Luckily Apple fixed the issue promptly under warranty.

urban1985_
Dec 15, 2004, 01:04 AM
Hmm thanks, I'll get it checked out.