Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JavaWizKid

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 18, 2008
No matter what I do I can't log into FaceTime, it just spits out incorrect username or password. I tried re registering my apple id and it just didn't work. Any ideas?

androiphone

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2009
How do I hard reset the 4G iPod touch?

turn it off and turn it on again. (hold down sleep/wake button until 'slide to power off')

did you verify the email they send to you?

as a last resort connect to itunes and click restore on the device page, this will make the ipod the same as when you bought it, then try again.

androiphone

macrumors 65816
Dec 13, 2009
http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/backstage/comments/touching-facetime/

you may have been sent a verification email to the username email address you put down which you give to other people to call you on, (pics in the link above of the screens you see when you set up facetime)

needless to say log into your apple id email address and see if you have an email saying verify email or something (or your other email if you put a different one down)

JavaWizKid

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 18, 2008
I see the issue, my apple id doesn't end in @anything, but FaceTime requires that to log in. How can I log in?

My Apple ID is the same as my email, but I can't login to FaceTime. The error is "Could not sign in. Please check your network connection and try again." The network is functioning perfectly fine (I'm typing this on it) and my account is valid as well (I've downloaded about 25 apps from the App store already) so why am I getting this error?

PS: I only just made this account yesterday, after I bought the iPod.

My Apple ID is the same as my email, but I can't login to FaceTime. The error is "Could not sign in. Please check your network connection and try again." The network is functioning perfectly fine (I'm typing this on it) and my account is valid as well (I've downloaded about 25 apps from the App store already) so why am I getting this error?

PS: I only just made this account yesterday, after I bought the iPod.

Anyone?

EDIT: Its working now. I tried to enable it through Settings and for some reason that worked fine :confused:

Balusillo

macrumors newbie
Dec 23, 2010
Anyone?

EDIT: Its working now. I tried to enable it through Settings and for some reason that worked fine :confused:

i have the same problem, bought apod touch 4g yesterday and i cant enter i have the same problem cant sing in chek nework blabla ;/ , what can i do bro
some help here please

PD:my apple id is the same as my msn

Last edited:

rjphoto

macrumors 6502a
Mar 7, 2005
Back to what AndroiPhone said:

Did you get an email to verify the account set up? And respond to it?

Balusillo

macrumors newbie
Dec 23, 2010
yes bro as i said my apple id is the same as my msn and i recive that message , what else can i do? ;S

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.