PDA

View Full Version : San Bruno fire

plinden
Sep 10, 2010, 01:58 PM
I thought I'd drop by once we got power again. I live in San Bruno, across Sneath Lane from where the fire was, about a quarter of a mile north.

I saw the explosion last night as I came home from work. As I got out of the car, I heard a loud whooshing sound for a couple of seconds (long enough for me to walk from the car door to the sidewalk) then saw the fireball behind and just over the top of a stand of eucalyptus trees. The Crestmoor tract is about 20 feet below Sneath Lane level, and the trees are maybe 30-40 feet high so considering the distance (about 1500 feet), the fireball was likely 100 feet.

This happened at about 6:10 - my wife phoned my cell phone a couple of minutes later and the records show that was at 6:12.

We are all ok - we didn't even get smoke damage. The winds were in the opposite direction. We just had power out all night.

ucfgrad93
Sep 10, 2010, 02:01 PM
Glad to hear that you are ok. Sounds like it was a very difficult evening for people in the area.

leomac08
Sep 10, 2010, 11:15 PM
I have been hearing the news from LA, glad your okay!

My prayers go with the fallen and those who have lost there homes:(

I heard it was massive explosion that left a 20X20 feet crater

R94N
Sep 11, 2010, 12:04 AM
It sounds terrible :(

isimon117
Sep 11, 2010, 11:58 AM
So far the numbers are: 4 dead, and 52 injured. I hope all the injured people make it out alive.