Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

theRkid

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 25, 2010
How's the feedback on these things ? I'm planning on buying this instead of the Invisible Shield since it comes with two and seems better...

Are they good for scratches and does it work if you put a case on it after you put it on ?

Also, how long does the standard shipping take ?

THANKS !

azure247

macrumors 6502
Sep 9, 2008
I've had experiences with both zagg and bodyguardz. I first heard of zagg when I owned an ipod classic 80gb so it was the first shield I used. Once I had an ipod touch 2g I heard of bodyguardz and used that instead. This was quite a long time ago but one of the flaws of the zagg shield is there is a texturization on the cover if u angle it in the light. It also has a tint color effect. The bodyguardz doesnt have any of this, its a smooth finish when angled in the light.

If u want even more evidence, I had a friend in my chem4 class and he had the touch 1g with the zagg and I had the 2g with the bodyguardz. I told him why the bodyguardz was better by angling his touch in the light and then compared it to mine. He was impressed at the bodyguardz cover more.

darknyt

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2009
I've had experiences with both zagg and bodyguardz. I first heard of zagg when I owned an ipod classic 80gb so it was the first shield I used. Once I had an ipod touch 2g I heard of bodyguardz and used that instead. This was quite a long time ago but one of the flaws of the zagg shield is there is a texturization on the cover if u angle it in the light. It also has a tint color effect. The bodyguardz doesnt have any of this, its a smooth finish when angled in the light.

If u want even more evidence, I had a friend in my chem4 class and he had the touch 1g with the zagg and I had the 2g with the bodyguardz. I told him why the bodyguardz was better by angling his touch in the light and then compared it to mine. He was impressed at the bodyguardz cover more.

Agreed that bodyguardz is slicker for touch screen devices. I think they accomplish that by being a little bit thinner.

I use InvisibleShields because I can pay $10 and have someone (who, amazingly enough, does a good job) put my shield on and I'm done at the mall.

But bodyguardz is definitely a good alternative - I don't mind the orange peel, but if you put them both in front of me I'd prob take the BG.

Tobster3

macrumors 6502
Jun 3, 2010
South Korea
I use InvisibleShields because I can pay $10 and have someone (who, amazingly enough, does a good job) put my shield on and I'm done at the mall.

I'm not from the US, but will be there at the end of the month for a few weeks.

Is it common to have these stalls at the mall where you purchase and pay for someone to install the screen protector? Any particular malls? I'd definitely be interested in having someone install it for me as I know they would make a much better job than I would.:)

darknyt

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2009
Zagg is originally a Utah company, but they are pretty ubiquitious from my experience.

They tend to set up shop in a kiosk in the food court or right outside the apple store if they can swing it, for obvious reasons.

Not that it matters to you, but the kiosks are obviously franchised ("mall cart program"), and owned by different entites, so you can't expect uniform treatment across any kiosk.

I discovered this by trying to have my shield replaced at a mall 10 minutes from the mall I originally had it installed at. They wanted to charge a different fee, but were pretty reasonable in matching prices at the end.

Best bet is to actually look up a mall directory around where you'll be and see if they have a Zagg kiosk. Or you can try their retail locator here:
http://www.zagg.com/sellzagg/retail_locations/index.php

bruinsrme

macrumors 604
Oct 26, 2008
I have tried both.
I prefer the zagg over bodyguardz.
on all of my 3Gs the zaggs seem to be more resilent and hold up to edge pressure from cases better.
Both covers show wear over time and gather dust along the edges. I have replaced all the covers, the first two times wth zaggs and the next two times with BG. Zaggs held up a lot longer than the BG.
the last batch of BG seem to have small paper debris on the back side which transfered to the screen and creating a noticable bump.
try BG they are much cheaper. I still prefer Zagg

titans1127

macrumors 65816
Mar 10, 2009
I've never had a problem with Bodyguardz in the past aside from the fact the the back is pretty hard to get on without screwing up (at least with the iPhone 3GS). With the iPod Touch 4G I bought the Bodyguardz dry apply so I could have a much easier install. I just had my Touch replaced yesterday and will be installing the Bodyguardz later today so I will let you guys know how it went.

wingfaith

macrumors newbie
Sep 26, 2010
really debating of which one to get..
about invisible shield
about the orange peel that everything is talking about, is it just noticeable when you turn off the screen? or will the orange peel lower the retina display quality?

about bodyguardz... 22$ for a screen protection :(

this is so hard lol

amazonpam

macrumors member
Aug 1, 2010
Another shield installer

I'm not from the US, but will be there at the end of the month for a few weeks.

Is it common to have these stalls at the mall where you purchase and pay for someone to install the screen protector? Any particular malls? I'd definitely be interested in having someone install it for me as I know they would make a much better job than I would.:)

Best Buys will also install shields for phones and iPads for a fee. Don't know the cost since I got a pissed off employee who did my PS anti-glare for free. Of course i do have a tiny bubble on the lower right side which I can live with.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.