Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NateEssex

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 30, 2008
Long story short, I bought an iPad screen protector in May and it got a crack during installation. I call and send it back for a replacement and STILL haven't received it yet. Four calls to their customer service assured me it would go out the next day. My last call was the last week of August. I've always liked their products, but now I'm disgusted... :mad:

Beware. I think I'm going to contact the better business bureau and post on every iPhone/iPad site.

Hammie

macrumors 68000
Mar 17, 2009
Wash, DC Metro
Long story short, I bought an iPad screen protector in May and it got a crack during installation. I call and send it back for a replacement and STILL haven't received it yet. Four calls to their customer service assured me it would go out the next day. My last call was the last week of August. I've always liked their products, but now I'm disgusted... :mad:

Beware. I think I'm going to contact the better business bureau and post on every iPhone/iPad site.

Same here. I'm still waiting for a replacement one. :(

Built

macrumors 68020
Oct 3, 2007
Los Angeles
I would have to respectfully disagree.

I ordered the Power Support Crystal Film for my iPad towards the beginning of August. I received the film but due to the way the film is packaged, there was some glue transferred from the package to the film.

I called Power Support right away. I was pretty steamed. The gentleman with whom I spoke asked me to send him a picture of the glue damage. He remained on the phone with me while I did.

He immediately authorized a replacement.

I will say that I was pretty anxious to get the film and sent them a frustrated email after a few days (I REALLY wanted to get the film on my iPad ASAP.) I received the film the very next day...The gentleman with whom I spoke obviously sent it out right away.

I took the film to the Power Support store in Burbank where a young lady installed it flawlessly and quickly.

I am VERY happy with Power Support...have been using their crystal films since I purchased my iPhone 2G in 2007 (early adopter).

joebuleee

macrumors newbie
Jul 3, 2010
I disagree with bad customer service, they have been very good in my experience. One thing you have to realize is they are most likely selling allot of the screen protectors as they are the best out their, and may be having trouble keeping up with the demand :eek:

tmarks11

macrumors 6502a
May 3, 2010
I received the film but due to the way the film is packaged, there was some glue transferred from the package to the film.
I will say that I had exactly the same problem. The shipping envelope has a very gummy kind of glue on the flap, and it is very easy together the glue smeared on the film as you drag it out of the envelope.

In my case, I was able to get the glue off of the screen protector, but it definitely complicated the process.

Bottom line: be very careful when extracting the film from the shipping envelope. Best bet is to cut the flap off after you have opened the envelope. Then you can extract the screen protector from the envelope.

Back ot: I didn't contact customer service about this, but I will say that the PS antiglare film rocks. I have it on two ipad's now, and it looks great.

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
I had a creased screen protector and I called them up; next week I got two new ones.

gigaguy

macrumors 65816
Apr 19, 2010
USA
I love me my PS screen protectors but their handling of the vapor Leather portfolio for the iPad is a joke. It has been on their site for months - 'Coming'. then it had Pre-Order. Then it had 'Orders will begin shipping August 9'.
I understand they had 'production' problems, but today Sept14 their site still says 'Shipping Aug 9' and on the same page it says 'Coming Soon'.

It's not like they sell hundreds of items. For the prices they charge at least keep the website updated. There is (was) a lot of interest in this portfolio, but I got tired of the waiting and not knowing and moved on to several other cases.

ntrigue

macrumors 68040
Jul 30, 2007
I always ruin the first of two protectors. I contacted them with pictures and receipts showing 12 purchases of their products and they wanted me to send in all 24 protectors. I only expected a credit for one purchase.

yourtoys7

macrumors 6502a
Sep 3, 2007
I had bad lack with them and their customer non existing. I will not nut their product and haven't for 1.5 year or so. There is ton of companies that care more about people who bring $ into their accounts.

NateEssex

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 30, 2008
I spoke to the 4th customer service...

I spoke to the 4th customer service person and they actually mailed the replacement screen to me, which arrived Friday afternoon.

I have been as surprised as everyone considering their quality product.... :confused:

ZipZap

macrumors 603
Dec 14, 2007
I spoke to the 4th customer service person and they actually mailed the replacement screen to me, which arrived Friday afternoon.

I have been as surprised as everyone considering their quality product.... :confused:

Something seems wrong. I would have been calling them every day once the 1st week passed. A replacement should have arrived as fast as the new one did....its no harder for them to ship a replacement as a new one.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.