Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Liam8

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 15, 2009
Canada
I just got the update for epic citadel and it says "fixes issues with ipads running iOS 4 or later". What do you guys think this means? Typo or has apple secretly released a beta?

Nishi100

macrumors 6502a
Mar 27, 2010
Typo or has apple secretly released a beta? - by beta do you mean iOS4 for iPad sdk? THe sdk has already been released so developers can make / upgrade apps so that they work with iOS4 for iPad and support multitasking.

admanimal

macrumors 68040
Apr 22, 2005
The SDK has been out for the iPad developers to update their applications. It happens every OS update. There is nothing new about iOS 4.x...

THe sdk has already been released so developers can make / upgrade apps so that they work with iOS4 for iPad and support multitasking.

There is no iOS SDK, beta or otherwise, that allows you to develop for iOS 4 on the iPad, because there is no beta firmware or simulator for iOS 4 on the iPad. Developers currently can only target iOS 3.2 on the iPad.

applefanDrew

macrumors 65816
Jul 17, 2010
The SDK has been out for the iPad developers to update their applications. It happens every OS update. There is nothing new about iOS 4.x...

question for you...How do your iPad and iPhone coincide? I mean I do just about all browsing on my iPhone 4 now, rather than pulling out my MacBook Pro. I'm contemplating getting an iPad (sell it when next rev comes) but feel like, b/c I love my iPhone so much, I wouldn't really use it. So, does your iPhone suffer from neglect b/c of the iPad?

2002cbr600f4i

macrumors 6502
Jun 21, 2008
question for you...How do your iPad and iPhone coincide? I mean I do just about all browsing on my iPhone 4 now, rather than pulling out my MacBook Pro. I'm contemplating getting an iPad (sell it when next rev comes) but feel like, b/c I love my iPhone so much, I wouldn't really use it. So, does your iPhone suffer from neglect b/c of the iPad?

Well, personally, my iPhone gets much less video, web surfing, and book reading duties than it did before the iPad. I'll still use the iPhone for those if in a pinch or if I just need to look up somethingnquickly, but for more serious use those get done on the iPad now.. I keep music on the iPhone, movies on the iPad.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.