Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

glassx

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 9, 2007
i have a late 2008 alu macbook 2.4 and i am aware the viewing angles on the screen are not that good. Didn't realize how bad it was until today when i used a 2010 13" macbook pro and saw how superior it's screen was. Would apple replace my screen for one of these newer ones?

i do have applecare

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
i have a late 2008 alu macbook 2.4 and i am aware the viewing angles on the screen are not that good. Didn't realize how bad it was until today when i used a 2010 13" macbook pro and saw how superior it's screen was. Would apple replace my screen for one of these newer ones?

i do have applecare

AppleCare doesn't cover buyer's remorse. No warranty does. Some newer car models have bigger engines, ABS brakes, etc., when earlier year models of the same car didn't. Do you think the car makers should replace everyone's car, just because a newer model is released with better features? That's not the way the world works.

i-am-waiting

macrumors member
Jul 10, 2010
Man i would love a better video card and the slightly better processors that were added in early '10? But no. I'm stuck with a crappy video card, maybe i'll just break it and ask for an upgrade? Haha, no.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.