Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rossta76

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 9, 2010
Hi all,
How do I separately manage applications when syncing two different iPod Touches? For example, if my wife buys an app and installs in on her iPod, iTunes automatically syncs her new app on my Touch during my next sync (and vice-versa).

I really don't want to set up two separate user accounts or libraries unless I have to. Is there a way to manage the apps independently on two different iPod touches using iTunes? I tried unchecking the "sync apps" box on the apps section when my iPod is connected. It said that all apps would be removed, so I cancelled my action.

Forgive me if this is posted into the wrong forum. I didn't see an "iTunes" specific forum area.

sammich

macrumors 601
Sep 26, 2006
Sarcasmville.
It'll do that, I don't know a way around it.

But all you need to do is delete the app on your device when you see it. It'll never appear without you installing it manually again. How many apps do you buy so that it annoys you?

Rossta76

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 9, 2010
It'll do that, I don't know a way around it.

But all you need to do is delete the app on your device when you see it. It'll never appear without you installing it manually again. How many apps do you buy so that it annoys you?

My wife is using the iPod Touch for the first time and downloading new apps that interest her. Between the two of us we are downloading a lot of apps that spark our own individual interests but not each others. She's downloading a bunch of "to do" apps as trials (more than a dozen so far). Just thought there might be an easy work around but I can't seem to find one while searching the forums or other sites.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.