Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ravi8686

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 12, 2010
Hello Guys I Have Macbook Pro With OSX. I am new to mac. I try to use bootcamp and make a 32 gb partition in my mac. and i put a cd of xp in cd drive when it restart it show me no bootable disk found something like that on a black screen. Then i restart again and press and hold c key nothing happen. after that i try to hold my option button and i saw a grey screen with a harddisk but unable to find the cd icon same story with windows 7 and vista dvd but when i try to use mac OSX cd that come with bundle. It show me the icon of mac cd on grey screen near the hard disk icon when i hold the option button!!. I also check the cd and dvd on a windows boot perfectly. and when i insert disk in mac it works fine and also shows the icon of cd and dvd on mac desktop. i would like to have XP and mac OSX on my laptop. i tried to search on google also.and tried many thing nothing happen? please help me. like i am stuck in middle of sea of apples :apple: :confused:

spinnerlys

Sep 7, 2008
forlod bygningen
Are those Windows installation media retail or OEM versions or something else? Are they some kind of backup of an original? Are they bootable on other PCs?

ravi8686

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 12, 2010
as i mentioned on my thread they are bootable on a windows system. no they are not OEM they are burned (Copies) i also try with the original win 7 dvd same result :)

spinnerlys

Sep 7, 2008
forlod bygningen
as i mentioned on my thread they are bootable on a windows system. no they are not OEM they are burned (Copies) i also try with the original win 7 dvd same result :)

Sorry, must have read over that, your original post (OP) is not that well formatted.

What about deleting the Boot Camp partition and re-creating it? Do you have access to an external optical disc drive (ODD)?

ravi8686

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 12, 2010
yes i del the boot camp partition and create again even i also formatted as ntfs but same result. yes when i put win cd or dvd i can access on mac desktop perfectly, and srry for my format new bie hope u understand

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.