PDA

View Full Version : Retail Radeon 9800 Pro MacEdition for Sawtooth

Archmagination
Dec 15, 2004, 05:01 PM
I have bought a 9800 Pro(I should be receiving it by Saturday) and I need to know if I need to "block the #3 and #11 pins on the back from the right" to allow it to run in my Sawtooth? The seller of this card(on ebay) says its a Mac Edition not a "flashed" card.

I know that this card is overkill for my computer, but I gradually upgrade my computer systems and this card will be in use by me for years and it supports Tiger.

cluthz
Dec 15, 2004, 05:39 PM
I have bought a 9800 Pro(I should be receiving it by Saturday) and I need to know if I need to "block the #3 and #11 pins on the back from the right" to allow it to run in my Sawtooth? The seller of this card(on ebay) says its a Mac Edition not a "flashed" card.

I know that this card is overkill for my computer, but I gradually upgrade my computer systems and this card will be in use by me for years and it supports Tiger.

If it's the Mac Special Edition AGP 8x, then it's not compatible (256MB card).
If its the Mac Edition AGP 2x/4x (128MB) then it would work just fine.

Archmagination
Dec 15, 2004, 05:52 PM
Mac Edition AGP 2x/4x (128MB) is the edition. Main reason why I am asking is because OWC(www.macsales.com) acts like it isn't compatible with a Sawtooth computer.(Click powermac G4, click a Sawtooth model, then choose accelerator(or video card)) It will then show all compatible accelerator products and the 9800 isn't one of them. If you choose a G4 AGPx4 it shows up.

cluthz
Dec 16, 2004, 01:58 PM
Mac Edition AGP 2x/4x (128MB) is the edition. Main reason why I am asking is because OWC(www.macsales.com) acts like it isn't compatible with a Sawtooth computer.(Click powermac G4, click a Sawtooth model, then choose accelerator(or video card)) It will then show all compatible accelerator products and the 9800 isn't one of them. If you choose a G4 AGPx4 it shows up.

Search around the forum, sure you'll find sawtooth users with radeon 9800.