PDA

View Full Version : HELP :( my harddrive wont spin up

beatle888
Dec 15, 2004, 08:42 PM
Hello peeps,

im in trouble. i have a powerbook 667 mhz and after zapping the pram the harddrive wont SPIN UP :(

ive tried starting from disk utility and disk warrior but they cant see the internal hard drive volume.

is it dead? will and how do you reset the logic board for this specific computer? ive found a "how to" on the web but its not for my specific powerbook.

will reseting the logic board have any affect?

please, if you can, HELP.

Mechcozmo
Dec 15, 2004, 09:24 PM
Resetting the logic board is the next step. It is called the CUDA button. I don't know where to find it on your TiBook, but try looking under the keyboard. ONLY PRESS IT ONCE OR ELSE GREAT PAIN AND TRAVESTY SHALL FALL UPON THEE! (It can b0rk your computer)

And it may be dead... but it should still make some noise (I think)

haiggy
Dec 15, 2004, 09:27 PM
Put in the hardware test cd you got from your computer and boot from it? hold down c when you start up.

jared_kipe
Dec 15, 2004, 09:54 PM
Last ditch effort is to put it in the freezer. Just make sure you don't get any freezer air into the powerbook, pop it in. When it's good and frozen pop it out and get her running. If your hard drive works, take all the data off of it as quickly as you can.

haiggy
Dec 15, 2004, 10:14 PM
Last ditch effort is to put it in the freezer. Just make sure you don't get any freezer air into the powerbook, pop it in. When it's good and frozen pop it out and get her running. If your hard drive works, take all the data off of it as quickly as you can.

I know it's not a bad idea to freeze the hardrive, but freezing the whole powerbook? I wouldn't do that. I know it's an inconvenience to take out the hard drive and do this so I just suggest you try every option before this one.