PDA

View Full Version : iPad not recognised in iTunes or charging from wall

Zcott
Sep 12, 2010, 06:00 PM
I went to sync my iPad today after a week of travelling in France but it seems my iPad is reluctant to come home. I've tried plugging it into the wall charger (no response, not even "Not Charging"), I've tried plugging it into my Mac and iTunes doesn't recognise it. This occurs with every iPhone/iPad charger and cable combination I have, so I'm pretty sure it's a hardware fault.

Anyone seen something like this before?

No ice please
Sep 12, 2010, 06:21 PM
iPad's dock connector is broken take it to the apple store. Either that or something is blocking the connection.

nektar
Sep 28, 2010, 10:55 AM
Hi,
I just came back from Europe too and I have the same problem. The charger and cable are fine because they work with Iphone. Did you manage to find any solution?
Thanks

Kibbe17
Sep 28, 2010, 01:53 PM
Mines doing the same thing, ever find out what was wrong with yours? I do have my ipad jailbroken so it could be a number of things.. but i dont really know how to "un jailbreak" it because i cant get it connected to my computer.. please help.

hcho3
Sep 28, 2010, 01:56 PM
You are not plugging it right. Just avoid plugging it that way.

gorkt
Nov 19, 2010, 06:52 PM
Mine just started doing this today. I can't charge from the wall using the ipad charger, and I can't sync to the computer. Everything worked fine last night and today it doesn't. I tried resetting it but I am reluctant to totally restore it since the computer and itunes does not detect it. I am thinking the connector port on the ipad malfunctioned somehow. I will be bringing it into the Apple store tomorrow.

Simonkey75
Nov 20, 2010, 05:04 AM
Definitely sounds like a hardware problem, sadly. Either the internal connections in the iPad "socket" are damaged or possibly in need of a clean, since the cables and charger are working with everything else.

Contact Apple or visit an Apple Store if you have one in your city, you should hopefully be covered under your 12 month warranty since I doubt you've caused the issue.

I'e found myself that the dock connecting port on the iPad seems to have a bit more "leeway" in it, for want of a better word, compared to other Apple products with the same socket - the cable doesn't seem to fit snugly in.

atomada
Jan 9, 2011, 07:03 PM
Hi gorkt,

Did you solve your problem? It was confirmed that was an hardware problem?
I have this problem since yesterday. My iPad has just 2 weeks, and suddenly nothing happens when connecting to laptop or when charging from the wall.
Please give me feedback to know if the only solution is sent it to Apple.

Thanks!

nraman
Jan 13, 2011, 02:56 AM
hi
i am have major problem trying to charge my ipad. but its not even reading the charger when i plug it in. it wont charge at all or connect to my itunes or computer.

someone please help

majomania
Jan 13, 2011, 09:43 PM
Mine too!! starting today...already reset and all..
Help me...

..OMG..and now I have done a stupid thing..
I hard reset it and it ask to sync to itunes..and it still wont sync to itunes..

atomada
Jan 15, 2011, 05:10 AM
Hi majomania, nraman, gorkt,

Any news on our problem?
I only could go to apple store in two weeks because i'm abroad in this moment.
Someone confirmed if it is an hardware problem or something possible to solve?

Thanks!

Oscar02083450
May 25, 2011, 04:06 AM
Hi. I had this exact problem with my first iPad around the last week of January. Suddenly my iPad would not charge with the supplied wall charger nor was it recognized when plugged into my laptop. I brought it in to an Apple Store and after some quick diagnostics they determined that it was a faulty connector port and was issued a replacement. Now that I've been using my replacement iPad for about four months, tonight I used the wall charger like usual but just now realized that it says "Not Charging"! What I ended up doing was going disconnecting and reconnecting the cable from the connector port. This seems to have fixed the problem for now. I can't believe how low the quality control has dropped! Not even half a year and once again the connector port might fail! :mad: :mad: :mad:

shark2th
Dec 25, 2011, 03:33 PM
I posted on another thread with similar problems. My case is worn to point that connector no longer stays in place...:(

Update: by using a cable from my nieces iphone 4 I was able to verify that it was my charger/sync cable's dock connector that was worn out. I opted for an $8 Belkin replacement...30% thicker wire, 6 ft long and dock connector has release buttons for retaining barbs. This remedied my loose dock connector problem due to my worn case.