PDA

View Full Version : MobileMe-specific email spam issue

Chaszmyr
Sep 13, 2010, 05:24 AM
I have received remarkably little spam email over the years, but a couple of weeks ago I noticed one of my MobileMe aliases (interestingly, the one I rarely use) started getting a couple spam emails a day. I noticed in one of these emails that I was BCCd, and the primary recipient was also a @me.com address.

Then, today i was woken up when my iPhone started beeping every 5-10 seconds alerting me I had a new email, all from the same spam address. In my iPhone's mail app, reading the little 2 line previews of each emails I saw mention of things like "iOS," suggesting that wherever this spam was coming to, it knew something about who the recipient was.

Anyone ever experienced anything like this, know anything about it, and/or think it's cause for concern?

Chaszmyr
Sep 13, 2010, 08:41 AM
After blocking the original email address I was getting spammed from, I got a few random spams, and now I started getting spam every few seconds from a new email address... Is there any way to address the problem other than to just delete my email address?