Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tigress666

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 14, 2010
Washington State
Hey, just (literally, 5 minutes ago) got my ipod.

I've noticed when playing with the clip that when you press down on the screen (unavoidable when trying to open the clip) the screen gets wavy like when you press down on a LCD screen....

Anyone else notice this? I hope it's not too hard on the screen to do that since the thing was supposedly designed to use that clip and you pretty much have to press at least on the edge of the screen to use the clip.

Or is there an extra plastic cover on the screen besides the one that makes it look like it is on that might be deforming and giving off that impression?

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
It's normal for all LCD screens to get deformed under pressure. Nothing bad with happen unless you really push and it cracks.

roland.g

macrumors 604
Apr 11, 2005
I wouldn't worry about it. Sure it was tested extensively. If using the clip breaks the screen, there will be a free bumper program soon.

tigress666

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 14, 2010
Washington State
It's normal for all LCD screens to get deformed under pressure. Nothing bad with happen unless you really push and it cracks.

Yeah, I just thought it was bad on them to do that so I worried that it would over the long run cause it to go bad.

If it's not all that harsh on them, I guess that's ok (otherwise they should have put a harder substance on the top).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.