Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cankid96

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 1, 2010
So i'm planning on getting the ipod touch (or ipod nano once i see it :p) and i'm wondering about the capacities. Before, apple made the 8gb version the previous version but with the same name tagged on (example itouch 3rd gen 8gb was the itouch 2nd gen) So I'm wondering, did they do the same thing this year? Also for those that have the 8gb, did u notice any features missing?:confused:

thxs in advance, it wouldn't be much of a problem but here in canada, the price is raised up:(

dhlee528

macrumors member
Aug 11, 2010
Seattle
So i'm planning on getting the ipod touch (or ipod nano once i see it :p) and i'm wondering about the capacities. Before, apple made the 8gb version the previous version but with the same name tagged on (example itouch 3rd gen 8gb was the itouch 2nd gen) So I'm wondering, did they do the same thing this year? Also for those that have the 8gb, did u notice any features missing?:confused:

thxs in advance, it wouldn't be much of a problem but here in canada, the price is raised up:(

This year, everything has same except for storage

burgundyyears

macrumors 6502
Sep 3, 2010

the 4th gen models differ only in their capacity, as far as anyone knows. The 8GB has all the features of the 32GB and 64GB.

fswmacguy

macrumors 6502
Aug 12, 2009
I know that all ipod touches have the same features, although I would buy the 32 GB version so I dont have to worry about space when recording video :)
I was previously only an 8GB guy.

But I bought the 32GB version simply for the space in light of the HD video recording.

I received mine today and played with the recording.

On the iPod touch 4G, a ~1:30 video clip takes up about 113MB.

SlamJam12

macrumors regular
Sep 1, 2010
32 Gb

The 32 GB iPod touch is the best option because the HD recording and pictures will take up space along with the music and apps.

Wallace2

macrumors member
Sep 2, 2010
NJ, USA
I was going to go with the 8gb since I already have a 32gb iPhone 4 but then decided its worth the extra $70 for 4x the storage and it will have a better resale value next year or whenever you decide to sell it and buy a new one.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.