PDA

View Full Version : Airport Extreme Settings

sotied
Dec 16, 2004, 01:27 PM
I've wired (or unwired) my house so my G4 Dual is connected to a Linksys router and my iBook is free and easy grabbing Internet access from the wireless router I got for $9 with the purchase of the iBook.

My issue is that when I am trying to send mail with Mail, the airport extreme often just goes offline and I don't know if this is a Mail thing or a router thing or an Airport thing.

Thoughts?

It happens mostly when I'm trying to send mail.
I keep Interference Robustness on.
The house is only 30 feet wide.
Running 10.36.
1.2GHz
1.2GB Ram
Airport seems to work PERFECTLY at my girlfriend's house, but her wireless is provided by her landlord and I don't know the speed or power of the router.

Thanks,

Jeff

wPod
Dec 16, 2004, 02:15 PM
do you have any security or firewall settings on the linksys router? it might be a blocked port and when you try to send mail through the blocked port the router temporarily kicks you off. otherwise it sounds wierd. are you able to access the web when mail doesnt work?

stevep
Dec 16, 2004, 02:34 PM
You could try upgrading the firmware on the linksys - go to their website for the file and instructions. What about the 9$ wireless router - manufacturer?? Is it firmware upgradeable?
If everything works on another network, it can't be your airport card or settings (assume you have checked the settings between the two locations??).