Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aricher

macrumors 68020
Feb 20, 2004
Chi-il
If this phone offers seamless bluetooth integration (unlike my moto V600) and is in roughly the same form factor of the Moto Razr - SIGN ME UP!!

zelmo

macrumors 603
Jul 3, 2004
Mac since 7.5
Most interesting. An iPhone that has 256 or 512 of storage would be very cool. I can get well over 3 hours of music on the 256MB SD card I use in my Palm. That'd be enough for people who want to go for a ride or a jog, but don't want to have to carry both a phone and a music player with them.
January 11th could be more illuminating that I previously thought.

Studawg7

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 15, 2004
Cville, VA
I am really curious who the service provider would be. Certainly not verizon, probably not sprint, gsm services would be more likely given the number of countries that use gsm, but which ones?

TranceClubMusic

macrumors regular
Jan 7, 2004
Miami, FLorida
Studawg7 said:
I am really curious who the service provider would be. Certainly not verizon, probably not sprint, gsm services would be more likely given the number of countries that use gsm, but which ones?

I really hope that its Nextel - Since they use ALL Moto Phones and now that Nextel has purchased Sprint! :D

varmit

macrumors 68000
Aug 5, 2003
I hope that all companies can carry it. Sprint/Nextel, Verizon, Cingular. I personally have Verizon, and if it has blue tooth, I'm worried. Because Verizon always seems to disable it or just doesn't offer the phone.

dongmin

macrumors 68000
Jan 3, 2002
Some interesting quotes:
"What we've talked about is a something that is valuable for the mass market," Cue says. "It has to be a phone in the middle-tier of the market, not a $500-tier phone. It has to be very seamless to use. And we're very happy with the results."
and

At the event, Jobs took pains to point out that the phone would not compete with Apple's popular iPod music player, but should viewed as an iPod accessory. "Wouldn't it be great if you could take a dozen of your favorite songs with you" on a cell phone, Jobs said at the time.

So, it looks like Apple wants to seriously limit the capacity, to save costs and to not let it compete with the existing ipods. I wouldn't expect more than 64MBs of memory (good for about a dozen songs at 128kbps) and no removable media.

Since I already own an ipod mini, I don't see much use for this. I'd be more interested if Apple brought a version of its iTMS to the phone, so that I can buy content (audio) on the go. At least this means that Motorola will be making phones that are more compatible with iSync.

I also suspect that Apple will be getting into the ringtone download business as well.

MacUser1

macrumors 6502
Aug 23, 2001
New York, NY
i hope all carriers have it as well, but it would most likely be limited in its functionality if Verizon carries it. I love Verizon's coverage, but other than that...

Anyway, I'm sure Cingular will have it. Didn't the CEO of Cingular make a speech at a Macworld keynote a year or two ago?

puckhead193

macrumors G3
May 25, 2004
NY
Sounds great, but verizon is dumb and prob won't won't this phone on their survice. I'm mad that verizon doesn't want their moto phone w/ bluetooth to sync with a pc/mac, if it did, i would def buy it. If verizon did have this phone, i would prob buy it. after all its an apple and mot, to great companies!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.