PDA

View Full Version : iPad Keyboard Dock is ********!

TorontoLRT
Sep 14, 2010, 06:55 AM
I just bought a brand-new iPad keyboard dock, and guess what... It doesn't work! I try to plug it in, and the iPad wobbles around and doesn't let me type at all! And in the Apple Case, and this is worst of all, I can't even get it to connect! In fact, I think this dock might have ruined my connector permanently, because now it takes at least two or three tries to make my iPad sync to my PC! Note that all I'm using is FIRST PARTY ACCESSORIES here! Don't you think a company like Apple should have made sure it's accessories actually WORKED?!?!

AAPLaday
Sep 14, 2010, 07:01 AM
Take it back and ask for a replacement. Did you get it from Apple? Is the iPad connector at the bottom damaged at all from using the keyboard?

GoCubsGo
Sep 14, 2010, 07:02 AM
Holy hell boy, calm down! Just return the damn thing.

TorontoLRT
Sep 14, 2010, 07:07 AM
I bought it from Futureshop, but thankfully they have a 14 day return policy. Still, I'm just pissed as hell that a company like Apple wouldn't make sure their $80 accessory actually WORKED!

rdowns
Sep 14, 2010, 07:07 AM
I am outraged. :rolleyes:

http://www.freakingnews.com/pictures/7000/Al-Sharpton--7387.jpg

AAPLaday
Sep 14, 2010, 07:09 AM
I bought it from Futureshop, but thankfully they have a 14 day return policy. Still, I'm just pissed as hell that a company like Apple wouldn't make sure their $80 accessory actually WORKED!

They do work but it sounds like you got a bad one. Easily corrected :)

eawmp1
Sep 14, 2010, 07:17 AM
I'm still surprised we get the "my experience with (product X) sucks so all (product X's) suck and the manufacturer of (product X) sucks" threads.

If all iPad keyboard docks performed as yours did, Apple would have either never released them, or there would be a class action lawsuit from consumers. Either return it, or take it and the iPad to an Apple Store and show them the problem. If there is damage to the iPad connector you may be able to get replacements.

redman042
Sep 14, 2010, 01:00 PM
Apple has some of the best customer service in the world. They WILL take care of you. No need to get all in a huff.

BTW, friendly advice: I'd seriously consider upgrading to the bluetooth keyboard instead. It is far more versatile.

Built
Sep 14, 2010, 01:07 PM
Apple Wireless keyboard plus a separate stand set-up really is the best way to go.

Too many known issues with the Keyboard plus dock.

mechanopony
Sep 14, 2010, 01:17 PM
BTW, friendly advice: I'd seriously consider upgrading to the bluetooth keyboard instead. It is far more versatile.

Agreed. I've had the bluetooth keyboard since they started offering it. It's totally worth the investment. The battery life leaves something to be desired, but maybe mine's just an older model?