Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

091658-jobs_presenting.jpg

Bloomberg reports on claims in the most recent issue of Japanese tabloid magazine SPA! that Apple CEO Steve Jobs was recently stopped by airport security at Kansai International Airport near Osaka for attempting to bring Ninja throwing stars onto his private plane while heading home from a vacation in Japan.
A security scan at Kansai International Airport, near Osaka, detected the weapons inside the executive's carry-on luggage in July as he was returning home to the U.S. from a family vacation in Kyoto, the Japanese magazine reported, citing unidentified officials at the airport and the transportation ministry.

Jobs said it wouldn't make sense for a person to try to hijack his own plane, according to the report. He then told officials he would never visit Japan again, the magazine reported. Apple declined to comment.
An airport spokesperson confirmed that an incident similar to that described in the report did occur, but declined to identify the person involved, noting only that the passenger discarded the throwing stars and that both private and public passengers are subject to the same security arrangements at the airport.

Article Link: Steve Jobs Reportedly Barred From Bringing Ninja Stars on Private Plane in Japan

FuNGi

macrumors 65816
Feb 26, 2010
California
Haha. It wouldn't make sense to hijack your own plane would it Jobs. Shoulda checked em' bra. He probably didn't want to pay the 25$ per bag check fee his plane charges him.

fxtech

macrumors 6502
Oct 13, 2008
Can't wait for when Jobs turns into the i-Nazi when he tells Japan: "No iPhones for you!"

RaceTripper

macrumors 68030
May 29, 2007
MacRumors has really become a waste of internet bandwidth. Isn't it about time to rename it MacGossip? Pathetic.

Howardchief

macrumors regular
Jun 9, 2008
I hope it was Steve. Because that's really funny. Something for him to laugh about at the next keynote. But I agree... Page 2?

seong

macrumors 65816
Feb 11, 2010
IS THIS WHY THERE AREN'T ANY iPOD TOUCH 4G IN JAPAN????
C'MON!!!!! I WAITED MORE THAN THREE YEARS!!!!!

JAQ

macrumors 6502
May 13, 2008
Purgatory MI
the yin and yang of being Jobs

On one hand, Jobs has a very good point: Only the zero-tolerance/zero-intelligence policies of the security theater that takes place at airports these days would prevent him from taking something like this with him on his own plane.

On the other hand, it shows how removed from everyday life Jobs (or anyone at his level of wealth and power) is, to assume that he wouldn't/shouldn't have to deal with this nonsense.

Don't panic

macrumors 603
Jan 30, 2004
having a drink at Milliways
On one hand, Jobs has a very good point: Only the zero-tolerance/zero-intelligence policies of the security theater that takes place at airports these days would prevent him from taking something like this with him on his own plane.

On the other hand, it shows how removed from everyday life Jobs (or anyone at his level of wealth and power) is, to assume that he wouldn't/shouldn't have to deal with this nonsense.

as already commented in the other thread, this would only apply if private jets had a separate boarding area from other flights, which this airport doesn't have.
so the actions of security where perfectly justified in this case.

Your point two stands.

johnybh

macrumors newbie
Jun 25, 2010
lol that's funny. Everything the man says is logical.. he's right though, i wouldn't hijack my own plane

ericinboston

macrumors 68020
Jan 13, 2008
Seems like Jobs got a taste of his own medicine...buying iApple products and being forced to do things a certain way and/or being told something is unacceptable (an app rejection).

ImNoSuperMan

macrumors 65816
Dec 1, 2005
I dont know what other readers expect from macRumors but I dont really mind reading such articles as long as they are related to apple and Steve Jobs. Agreed. Its not a rumor or anything about macs/idevices but if you see your self as an apple fan and show interest in rumors about their products, I find it really hard to believe that you find this piece of news as unwanted.

I prefer the Macrumors of pre-iphone era btw. When only Apple fans visited this site and no one complained when there was an article or two on the front page about Steve Jobs ;)

But ya, just for the sake of these fake apple fans :rolleyes: , this should have been posted in the page 2 discussion. Or may be Page 3. All the gossip about Apple Celebrities :D

Ninja throwing stars: great for those unruly board meetings.
Can't wait for when Jobs turns into the i-Nazi when he tells Japan: "No iPhones for you!"

Lol :p

DavidLeblond

macrumors 68020
Jan 6, 2004
Raleigh, NC
I disagree

Come on guys. CEO gets stopped at the airport for carrying NINJA THROWING STARS? Rumor or not, how could this NOT be Page 1 news? Throwing stars, people!!

kavika411

macrumors 6502a
Jan 8, 2006
Alabama
Pedro-

You know, like nunchuku skills, bow hunting skills, computer hacking skills... Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

-Steve

Sent from my iPhone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.