Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

yankintx

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 2, 2010
Anyone order or actually receive one of these cases yet? They look a lot like the Element Vapor cases but the company states they are ready for order and shipping now!

After waiting 2 months to even be allowed to pre order a vapor case, I am leaning toward one of these.

Anyone else?

damant

macrumors 6502
Feb 14, 2010
We will see this case has similar negative affect upon the signal as the vapor 4 does!?

No way I'm going to trade in signal strength for good looks;-)

nolesfan

macrumors regular
Apr 1, 2010
I have a couple of these coming to me today. I will post pictures when they arrive.

goddi

macrumors member
Aug 18, 2010
please do a reseption test too !! >

just post the decibels if possible with the field test thanks !

damant

macrumors 6502
Feb 14, 2010
I have a couple of these coming to me today. I will post pictures when they arrive.

Thanks
Some close up shots and signal strength/gps tests would be great.
FYI according an email from their sales department there only 3days for return/refunds !!!!

Dominat0r

macrumors 6502a
Jul 25, 2009
looks cool, but i cant help but to think the obvious.....reception issues? has to be...

johnnybgood15

macrumors 6502
Jan 24, 2003
This company had been much more responsive than vapor in emails. They said the case I ordered would shop today, no email with any tracking or shipping notice though.

Bawstun

Suspended
Jun 25, 2009
Looks good, cheaper than Element case, but basically the exact same thing.

I like the brushed/brushed full-aluminum look. But their website seems shoddy and I'm not sure if I trust giving credit card info to the company, lol.

Anyone up for trying this? ;)

solius

macrumors regular
Jul 15, 2010
Decatur AL
I've been looking at this case too but for some of the reason already stated im a little reluctant to give out my credit card info.

johnnybgood15

macrumors 6502
Jan 24, 2003
Looks good, cheaper than Element case, but basically the exact same thing.

I like the brushed/brushed full-aluminum look. But their website seems shoddy and I'm not sure if I trust giving credit card info to the company, lol.

Anyone up for trying this? ;)

They accept paypal.

nolesfan

macrumors regular
Apr 1, 2010
I have been testing the case for Atomic and I have two of them I have been working with to make sure that everything is ok with them before they really start pushing them out. I can assure you that they are very good cases, they are legit and the numbers are great. When Ryan from Atomic gives me the ok I will post pictures of my db's readings and everything else. People that have used the Vapor will ***** when they see the number of db's I am losing. I can't give to much away, but the case accepts aftermarket charger cords and the gps, will never mind. I will fill everyone in and post my numbers and pictures to back up my claims when Ryan says it's ok for me to. It blows the Vapor away!!

yezzimbakk

macrumors newbie
Aug 13, 2010
I have been testing the case for Atomic and I have two of them I have been working with to make sure that everything is ok with them before they really start pushing them out. I can assure you that they are very good cases, they are legit and the numbers are great. When Ryan from Atomic gives me the ok I will post pictures of my db's readings and everything else. People that have used the Vapor will ***** when they see the number of db's I am losing. I can't give to much away, but the case accepts aftermarket charger cords and the gps, will never mind. I will fill everyone in and post my numbers and pictures to back up my claims when Ryan says it's ok for me to. It blows the Vapor away!!

um why you need someone else to tell you what to do? sorry maybe i missed something...

asleep

macrumors 68040
Sep 26, 2007

Only one way, now, to gain any credibility with the public for those making aluminum cases that wrap around the antenna:

send them to geardiary/Larry G. for the same testing/evaluation they did on the Vapor 4.

Otherwise, it's just another guy on an internet forum selling Faraday cages.

nolesfan

macrumors regular
Apr 1, 2010
Because I was asked to correct and test somethings on the cases and I did not purchase them, they were giving to me so I don't feel that I have the right to just give away information. Like I said, probably tomorrow when he says its ok. I will post up my pics. I have no reason to lie or make up anything about these cases. I am not making a dime out of this deal. I was just asked to help and I did and the cases are working great and they look great also. That's all I am saying as of right now.
um why you need someone else to tell you what to do? sorry maybe i missed something...

yezzimbakk

macrumors newbie
Aug 13, 2010
Because I was asked to correct and test somethings on the cases and I did not purchase them, they were giving to me so I don't feel that I have the right to just give away information. Like I said, probably tomorrow when he says its ok. I will post up my pics. I have no reason to lie or make up anything about these cases. I am not making a dime out of this deal. I was just asked to help and I did and the cases are working great and they look great also. That's all I am saying as of right now.

btw i doubt they would send you their product if they weren't cool with it being shared on the net... w/e wait for the okay. i just hope it doesnt take long.

yOyOYoo

macrumors 6502a
Feb 13, 2005
CA
wow looks exactly like the vapor case.

I really wish the case was more symmetrical looking. That was the one thing holding me back from getting the vapor case.

nolesfan

macrumors regular
Apr 1, 2010
Here is my review of both of my Atomic Cases. I received them both today and they are beautiful pieces. They fit great, the cutout at the bottom is larger to accept bigger cords. It may even dock, I don't have one so I am not forsure. I field tested my phone naked 3 times before putting on either case and also speed tested it with 3G and my WIFI. Then I put on the first case which fit great, then field tested it not expecting the results it yielded. My phone naked with my microcell in my house gets between -55 db's and -57db's, my 3g speed is horrible from my microcell so I never actally use it so I am not sure what speeds are accurate for it. But they were between 775 down and 58 up. I know, terrible and that's why I use my wifi. My wifi speeds were all in the 2650 range down and 850 up. My internet speed in only 3000 down and 1000 up. So then I added the first of two cases and my results were as 3g speed was between 796 down and 56 up. My wifi speeds and my db's are shown in the pictures. So, after all that I went on a drive and tested the gps and it was spot on with both case. So I have owned the vapor and now the Atomic and the Vapor just got owned!! Everyone on here says pics or it didn't happen, here are your pics! Pictures don't lie so here they are. What you are seeing on the edge between the phone and the screen is invisibleshield that I started taking off today and then my cases showed up and I started in on the cases, that and my screen protector also is starting to come up.

Attachments

• 100_1093.JPG
    100_1093.JPG
    641.2 KB · Views: 152
  • 100_1094.JPG
    100_1094.JPG
    527.9 KB · Views: 181
  • 100_1095.JPG
    100_1095.JPG
    664 KB · Views: 156
  • 100_1096.JPG
    100_1096.JPG
    744 KB · Views: 158
  • 100_1097.JPG
    100_1097.JPG
    556.7 KB · Views: 205

nolesfan

macrumors regular
Apr 1, 2010
More pics

Attachments

• 100_1105.JPG
    100_1105.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 165
  • 100_1104.JPG
    100_1104.JPG
    509.2 KB · Views: 164
  • 100_1103.JPG
    100_1103.JPG
    465.7 KB · Views: 135
  • 100_1101.JPG
    100_1101.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 154
  • 100_1107.JPG
    100_1107.JPG
    988.8 KB · Views: 207

nolesfan

macrumors regular
Apr 1, 2010
the rest

Attachments

• 100_1109.JPG
    100_1109.JPG
    483.6 KB · Views: 172
  • 100_1111.JPG
    100_1111.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 168
  • 100_1112.JPG
    100_1112.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 218

nolesfan

macrumors regular
Apr 1, 2010
Some of it is my screen protector and some is that cheap invisibleshield. No my phone is perfect, I just need to take the invisibleshield off.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.