Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sjjordan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 10, 2003
United States
Just got back into folding last week with a quad-core Mac Pro and 2 c2d iMacs folding 24/7. Together they're putting out about 6-7K points/day, which I was a little disappoined at. I did sign up for the personal key, but would appreciate any tips that'll up my point/day.

Do you get more points for Big WU? Does SMP default to BigWU or do I have to add specific settings? What settings do you use/would you recommend?

Thanks!

Stephen

twoodcc

macrumors P6
Feb 3, 2005
Right side of wrong
Just got back into folding last week with a quad-core Mac Pro and 2 c2d iMacs folding 24/7. Together they're putting out about 6-7K points/day, which I was a little disappoined at. I did sign up for the personal key, but would appreciate any tips that'll up my point/day.

Do you get more points for Big WU? Does SMP default to BigWU or do I have to add specific settings? What settings do you use/would you recommend?

Thanks!

Stephen

thanks for starting folding again!

now, to answer your question: first, we need to know exactly what you are doing currently. what client did you download? how are you running it?

most people run the console client for advanced settings.

bigadv units is where the big points are. but i don't think your machines will be able to meet those deadlines. so instead, you can run the smp client with -advmethods flag, and you'll still get a small bonus.

but before any bonus, you need a passkey, complete 10 units with the passkey, and continue to complete 80% of your units.

hope that helps

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.