Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
Normally, I'd yawn a this but since I got a new Acura TL, I want a BT phone. The car supports BT phones via a hands free controller on the steering wheel, heads up display on dash and sound through stereo.

centauratlas

macrumors 68000
Jan 29, 2003
Florida
Not Motorola again. I hope they do better with phones than with the PPC. Given their previous performance against Nokia, I hope they are turning things around or that Apple has significant design/engineering control. ;-)

It has a ton of potential, I just hope Apple ensures that Motorola gets it right!

jaw04005

macrumors 601
Aug 19, 2003
AR
Thats great, but I hope Apple & Motorola work with all the major players (Cingular/Verizon/T-Mobile/Sprint) to bring the phone to the market. When are cell phone companies going to realize that we don't want to sign a new contract everytime we get a new phone? :(

Wonder Boy

macrumors 6502a
Feb 18, 2003
South Windsor, CT
i dont care about itunes support. so far, ive probably downloaded 50 songs. ive never been in a situation where i needed to have a song or cd so badly i'd pull over on the side of the road or stop in my tracks on a walk and downloaded the newest hit.

i just want an apple quality cell phone with a elegant interface that makes syncing that much easier. oh ya, i wont buy anything over $250. and even that is pushing it.

autopilot

macrumors member
Nov 25, 2004
Toronto
i hope that apple design really comes through on this project. a really clean, functional design will be a nice change from all the other ridiculous cell setups you have now.

stick to the basics, and do everything WELL. i won't mind paying a premium price if the phone is anything like what i would come to expect from apple.

thex

macrumors newbie
Jul 1, 2004
phone with iTunes compatibility and media card slots? maybe this is the "flash iPod" that we're hearing about...

Stella

macrumors G3
Apr 21, 2003
Canada
Motorola phones suck.

Hopefully there will be a port to other more popular phones such as Nokia and supporting Symbian pretty soon. Symbian being the Number ONE smart phone OS in the world by far.. surpassing microsoft ***** by 50%.

SonyEricsson are pretty popular too.

In fact most European mobile phone companies are more popular than american ones.

However, Since these aren't american companies one can assume Apple aren't pairing with them.

MattG

macrumors 68040
May 27, 2003
Asheville, NC
I had a Motorola/Nextel phone before I got Sprint, and it was awful. I hated that thing. If Apple comes out with a phone made by Motorola, it better be a hell of a lot nicer than the Motorola I had.

Surreal

macrumors 6502a
Jun 18, 2004
other than bluetooth...of what use would an iphone be?

syncing? really? yoiu would buy an apple phone SIMPLY for syncing?

this is not to say they wont do something..but what they will do should be the rumor..the special reason that you would buy the iphone...what will it be?

and if they do all this...but don't give me a @#$@#$#@ line in on the ipod...there will be no end to my dismay.

wHo_tHe

macrumors regular
Apple and Motorola can't seem to get the V600 to work with iCal, but they can invest millions in R&D to create a niche phone with a limited userbase in the face of oodles of sexy competition... Hmm. I've never liked Nokia much, but their lineup includes a phone for just about anybody, including several that don't look like phones at all. Always been more of a Sony/Ericsson man myself...

Stella

macrumors G3
Apr 21, 2003
Canada
wHo_tHe said:
Apple and Motorola can't seem to get the V600 to work with iCal, but they can invest millions in R&D to create a niche phone with a limited userbase in the face of oodles of sexy competition... .

ROTFL.

You are SO spot on.

jimjiminyjim

macrumors 6502
Feb 24, 2003
Canada
To these first posts dissing motorola: Agreed. The phones I've experienced are utter crap. Yes. "Utter crap". Other than that, cool to see Apple anticipating the next move of the culture.

ThomasJefferson

macrumors 6502
Jul 17, 2002
Virginia
Remember that time Steve tossed a digital camera across the stage. I would love to see him toss a motorola phone. It might be great therapy for him...

Porchland

macrumors 65816
Apr 26, 2004
Georgia
joshuawaire said:
Thats great, but I hope Apple & Motorola work with all the major players (Cingular/Verizon/T-Mobile/Sprint) to bring the phone to the market. When are cell phone companies going to realize that we don't want to sign a new contract everytime we get a new phone? :(

When you realize that mobile carriers subsidize expensive phones with contracts.

Xtremehkr

macrumors 68000
Jul 4, 2004
I'm really interested to see what innovations Apple can bring to the old cell phone. There is no distinction between cell phones these days, the number of gadgets has increased exponentially but they are all the same.

How will Apple improve the old cell phone, other than providing a really nice design and high quality. Would it be fully intergrated allowing you to send pictures and to retrieve from iPhoto. As well as providing access to .Mac and Mail. Maybe a remote control for your Mac. Oh the possibilities.

noel4r

macrumors 6502a
Jul 17, 2002
Los Angeles
an Apple phone? this is gonna be cool. my contract w/ AT&T is about to expire. i think i'll wait for this one. hopefully it's a GSM phone.

narco

macrumors 65816
Dec 9, 2003
California.
I've been considering the new Motorola Razr, but I'm not sure if I should wait or not. If it has iTunes support, I already have an iPod and I rarely purchase from the music store. It better be a hell of a lot more than just that.

I also don't think this would be the rumored Flash pod. That's an entirely different market; but they probably got a great deal on flash cards in bulk if both rumors are true.

Fishes,
narco.

Porchland

macrumors 65816
Apr 26, 2004
Georgia
Isn't it going to be the RAZR?

I assumed when I read about the new Motorola RAZR V3 and how much marketing strength Motorola is going to put behind it that this IS the iTunes phone. It has Bluetooth and MPEG4 playback capability, and I could swear I read on Motorola's web site that it would play MP3; now I can't find that anywhere.

Is the iPhone going to be the RAZR?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.