PDA

View Full Version : Boxee Box update

roidy
Sep 14, 2010, 12:52 PM
Some news, the Boxee Box is now available to pre-order from Amazon.com, the launch is set for sometime in November.

The Boxee Box has now ditched the Nvidia Tegra 2 chipset in favor of the Intel Atom CE4100, meaning it now supports much higher bitrate content.

Another plus is that it is now set for a world-wide launch. Just a shame they didn't redesign the awful looking case:(

http://blog.boxee.tv/2010/09/13/pre-order-a-boxee-box-now-australia-europe-were-coming-and-intel-goes-inside/

bigpatky
Sep 14, 2010, 01:57 PM
Some news, the Boxee Box is now available to pre-order from Amazon.com, the launch is set for sometime in November.

The Boxee Box has now ditched the Nvidia Tegra 2 chipset in favor of the Intel Atom CE4100, meaning it now supports much higher bitrate content.

Another plus is that it is now set for a world-wide launch. Just a shame they didn't redesign the awful looking case:(

http://blog.boxee.tv/2010/09/13/pre-order-a-boxee-box-now-australia-europe-were-coming-and-intel-goes-inside/

ability to play full bitrate blu-ray rips=awesome
ability to passthrough hd audio to a receiver=awesome
rf remote=ability to hide oddly shaped box
capable of accepting a usb ir adapter=ability to integrate into universal remotes and still be out of sight.

WiiDSmoker
Sep 14, 2010, 02:28 PM
ability to play full bitrate blu-ray rips=awesome
ability to passthrough hd audio to a receiver=awesome
capable of accepting a usb ir adapter=ability to integrate into universal remotes and still be out of sight.

The new aTV will passthrough HD audio right?

bigpatky
Sep 14, 2010, 02:31 PM
The new aTV will passthrough HD audio right?

nope

from apple's website:

HE-AAC (V1), AAC (16 to 320 Kbps), protected AAC (from iTunes Store), MP3 (16 to 320 Kbps), MP3 VBR, Audible (formats 2, 3, and 4), Apple Lossless, AIFF, and WAV; Dolby Digital 5.1 surround sound pass-through

WiiDSmoker
Sep 14, 2010, 02:36 PM
nope

from apple's website:

HE-AAC (V1), AAC (16 to 320 Kbps), protected AAC (from iTunes Store), MP3 (16 to 320 Kbps), MP3 VBR, Audible (formats 2, 3, and 4), Apple Lossless, AIFF, and WAV; Dolby Digital 5.1 surround sound pass-through

What a let down. Still won't effect me though. I'll use the Boxee Box for my Media Room and the aTV for my bedroom.

roidy
Sep 15, 2010, 04:40 AM

Really good point, the remote for it does look awsome with the keyboard on the back.