PDA

View Full Version : On unhacked aTV is it possible to organise Movies better?

MrMister111
Sep 14, 2010, 05:11 PM
On unhacked aTV is it possible to organise Movies better?

What I mean is when you have a synced/streamed movie library from iTunes, it just lists the movies in a log line. if you have loads (of converted DVDs) then it is very un-Apple and unorganised. I know there is genre, and unwatched, but what about other organisation?

Also at the moment I have loads of iTunes U video podcast things. When I have my AppleTV on and linked to my iTunes, it sees these as movies and so in the "My Movies" menu bar is a long list of them, along with normal DVD movies, how can I not show the iTunes U stuff in My Movies?

cheers

tommylotto
Sep 14, 2010, 07:58 PM
In iTunes, under the "Information" for a group of movies, select "Video". One of the fields will be "Show". If you put the same information in that field for a collection of movies, then they will all be only one entry in the main scrolling menu. For Example, you can put "Lord Of The Rings" as the "Show" for all three movies, or "Jack Ryan Movies" or "Harry Potter Movies".

In the scrolling menu, there will be one entry (all that the different artwork for the group will float by). If you click on that entry, a new menu will come up that will let you select which of the group of movies you want to play.