PDA

View Full Version : themousebt and games.

yusuf.
Dec 17, 2004, 07:15 AM
i just picked up a macmice themousebt (damntheseonewordproductnames), and it's a great product, except that i can't play games with it. my bt firmware is up to date, and it's got a clean connection (a foot and a half away, no other devices), and it functions wonderfully in the os and every other app, but if i'm playing a game (any game - halo, unreal, warcraft, call of duty, whatever) the game gets choppy. i've tried turning down the graphics settings and all of that, but to no avail. i've heard rumors (read: a singular, unconfirmed rumor) of this happening with this mouse, but i didn't expect it to, or to be this bad.

is there anyway i can solve this problem? i genuinely need a bt mouse (all two of the usb ports on my powerbook are taken, always) - if this problem can't be fixed is there anyother bt mouse that i can purchase that i can play games with (i'm thinking the logitech whatever900)?

any help would be greatly appreciated.

addition: i'm running 10.3.4. i'm not all that familiar with bluetooth, so i thought i should mention.

edit number two: i used to use a targus bt mouse that required a usb bt adapter (for some reason os x can't detect it and targus hasn't released a driver), but it worked just fine with games. again, just thought i should mention.

Logik
Dec 17, 2004, 09:14 AM
Bummer, makes me glad I sprung for the MX900, haven't used it yet.. damn christmas presents, gotta wait until christmas. but i don't play games so i guess it won't really matter to me either way if the MX900 does that or not too. Though i'd be curious to see if it does... typically i'll play games on my PC and just be productive on my powerbook but who knows, maybe a decent game that hasn't been on the PC for months will arrive for the mac and i'll wanna play a game lol