Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Trc3

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 23, 2002
I just installed 10.2 :) but I need idvd back, I know its on one of the software restore disks or the applications disk that came with my dual 1ghz g4, but I cant find it! I have pacifist and I remember having to do this once before when I reinstalled 10.1. I know its on there somewhere, but for the life of me I cant find idvd on any of the software restore disks or the applications disk. If anyone has any help or suggestions they would be greatly appreciated. Thanks...

thebt

macrumors member
Jan 21, 2002
Belgium
Same problem

I have the same problem, just reformatted my HD of my iMac (G4) and did a clean install of 10.2.
But now I'm missing iDVD!!!
And I dont have a seperate cd with iDVD, only the software Restore discs (6).
But I cant get any program out of the Restore discs!
What do we need to do?

thanx

Lz0

macrumors regular
Jul 20, 2002
Melbourne
I just had a bitch to the iDVD feedback team about this very issue (not expecting a reply).

It's this sort of blatant money grabbing by companies (in this case Apple) that pushes loyal users in an alternative direction.

Steve, take note, some of us do get pissed off, very pissed off!

crassusad44

macrumors 6502a
Nov 30, 2001
Scandinavia
iDVD 2 does not come on a CD, but a DVD. The installer is over 1 GB in size!

You need to install the original CDs first, and then upgrade to 10.2. iDVD 2 is not included on the 10.2 CDs, and thus iDVD 2 will not be installed.

Call Apple to get an iDVD 2 DVD. It will probably cost you $20 for shipping.

To Lz0: If this pisses you off, then jump over to the M$ boat with activation and palladium... Geez , get a life..... :rolleyes:

Gus

macrumors 65816
Jan 1, 2002
Minnesota
Originally posted by crassusad44
To Lz0: If this pisses you off, then jump over to the M$ boat with activation and palladium... Geez , get a life..... :rolleyes:

C'mon man, they have a legitimate gripe here. Why should they have to pay $20 for a disc of a program that is supposed to be with their machines? Now, jumping ship is a little drastic, yes, but they are justifiably upset.

When I had my G4 733, the iDVD installer DVD was included in the software pack, so I don't know what to tell you guys. Give Apple a call and see what they have to say.

Gus

Tiauguinho

macrumors 6502a
Mar 5, 2002
The Netherlands
iDVD is in the restore CD's. copy the disk image to your computer of all the CD's. Then open it with the disk mounting app. You can find the correct intructions in the apple support webpage. Type iDVD there and you should get the Knowledge Base article. i hope this helps...

Take care

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.