Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

amazingdm

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 2, 2010
jesus christ the graphics look better than anything I've ever seen in real time

saving107

macrumors 603
Oct 14, 2007
San Jose, Ca
If Apple called you and said that they would like to demo your game on stage during a press event, and you knew that your app was going to get approved in advance, then of course any company is going to put in the extra effort to make a great game with great graphics.

samcraig

macrumors P6
Jun 22, 2009
USA
If Apple called you and said that they would like to demo your game on stage during a press event, and you knew that your app was going to get approved in advance, then of course any company is going to put in the extra effort to make a great game with great graphics.

I think you have that in reverse. If Apple was going to SHOWCASE any app - it would be because they have awesome graphics. They wouldn't want to showcase "just another app"

The makers of Citadel didn't do anything "more" because they were being showcased. They already had their game.

saving107

macrumors 603
Oct 14, 2007
San Jose, Ca
I think you have that in reverse. If Apple was going to SHOWCASE any app - it would be because they have awesome graphics. They wouldn't want to showcase "just another app"

The makers of Citadel didn't do anything "more" because they were being showcased. They already had their game.

I based my comment on the rumor that was out a few days ago that Epic Citadel had an early iPad 4.2 SDK
While Epic may have received some preferential access to early iOS 4 builds for the iPad to support its efforts to demo its Unreal Engine 3 for iOS at the media event, it is still interesting to note that the operating system is making its way into the hands of at least one developer ahead of those involved in the general developer program.

But I just noticed that the original article has been update and clarified that they did not (have not) received an early SDK.

https://www.macrumors.com/2010/09/13/select-developers-apparently-already-testing-ios-4-x-for-ipad/

samcraig

macrumors P6
Jun 22, 2009
USA
I based my comment on the rumor that was out a few days ago that Epic Citadel had an early iPad 4.2 SDK

But I just noticed that the original article has been update and clarified that they did not (have not) received an early SDK.

https://www.macrumors.com/2010/09/13/select-developers-apparently-already-testing-ios-4-x-for-ipad/

Doesn't matter. They already had their game. If not "ready" for the iPad - they definitely had it for the iPhone. And all that artwork, animation, etc was already done. Most likely they submitted it to Apple in hopes of getting to present and/or Apple already had seen a demo and contacted them to appear. But to think that they put something together or enhanced what they already had for the sake of the keynote is naive.

akdj

macrumors 65816
Mar 10, 2008
62.88°N/-151.28°W
Dang...tough Crowd!:confused:

To the OP:

Absolutely freakin' amazing! You're right...don't worry about some comments made, the game is phenomenal...and the graphics are absolutely incredible on both the iPhone and iPad.

To some of the others...there are many thousands of folks that stop by MacRumors once in a while...and there are hundreds that can afford, somehow, to hang out multiple hours a day...

It's OK to remind, and repost observations once in a while, IMHO. Those that do visit MR rarely...once a day, couple times a week...they may not dig two or three pages deep. This is definitely an app that sticks out...it's an amazing demo, if nothing else...regardless of whether you play it.

I guess I'm always curious why people feel the need to post, when their response is so condescending! Completely unnecessary in my opinion...and if you really want to see the thread/post/reminder go away...DON'T post, and it'll fade into the dark woods of the forum...by responding, you bring it right back to the TOP!!! :rolleyes:

j

jbyun04

macrumors 6502a
Aug 31, 2008
Canada
sadly one of my friends is completely oblivious to the graphics.. the only thing i head is "the controls suck!" :rolleyes:

Vundu

macrumors 68000
Jun 10, 2009
Manchester, UK
Don't forget there are no character models or any AI running in that demo. It is still impressive though.

Cannot compare to this gens consoles though (well OK maybe the Wii :p ) but would not expect it to.

randomerratum

macrumors 6502
Dec 3, 2009
Santa Monica, CA
Dang...tough Crowd!:confused:

To the OP:

Absolutely freakin' amazing! You're right...don't worry about some comments made, the game is phenomenal...and the graphics are absolutely incredible on both the iPhone and iPad.

To some of the others...there are many thousands of folks that stop by MacRumors once in a while...and there are hundreds that can afford, somehow, to hang out multiple hours a day...

It's OK to remind, and repost observations once in a while, IMHO. Those that do visit MR rarely...once a day, couple times a week...they may not dig two or three pages deep. This is definitely an app that sticks out...it's an amazing demo, if nothing else...regardless of whether you play it.

I guess I'm always curious why people feel the need to post, when their response is so condescending! Completely unnecessary in my opinion...and if you really want to see the thread/post/reminder go away...DON'T post, and it'll fade into the dark woods of the forum...by responding, you bring it right back to the TOP!!! :rolleyes:

j

Completely agree!
Especially in this case, the title of the thread said it all... In fact, I HAD played the game but decided to read the thread anyway just to see some new reactions. No surprise here.

If MacRumors is supposed to be like this big collective consciousness where we can all only experience things together, at the same time and ask/answer the same questions only once... count me out.

Fortunately for me, I don't think that's it's intention.

JulianL

macrumors 68000
Feb 2, 2010
London, UK
akdj said:

j
That's one of the most mature, sensible and community-minded posts that I've seen in a long time. Thanks J.

To the OP, I've visited here pretty much every day for the last 6 months and I'd missed seeing this demo until you posted about it. Thanks. You're right, it's amazing.

- Julian

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.