Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

avilla86

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 25, 2010
I can't find a single retail store in the central valley who has a case for the new iPod touch. What gives?

I'm planning on driving 30 minutes out of my way later tonight to hit up a 24hour walmart that has the 32Gb in stock and I want to keep it from getting scratched.

Will a cheap silicon case for a 3G fit the new touch until I can get a proper one?

I think I heard someone say they're using saran wrap on the back until they get a case. Sounds ghetto but I'm willing to do anything to keep that back as scratch free as possible.

Any other tips or ideas?

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
There are no cases because Apple released the dimensions for the iPod Touch 4G the same day Steve Jobs showed it off on stage. I think a case from a 1G iPod Touch would fit it better then a 2G/3G case.

nyprospect

macrumors 6502
May 3, 2004
Purchased a dermashot silicone case from incipio. The Price is great and it comes with a cloth, stand and protective shield for the screen.

Panther71

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2010
Cham-Bana, IL
Ironically, local Best Buy is starting to stock iPod Touch cases, but they have yet to get more than a few Touches in stock at one time. I have been calling every day for a week and no 64 gb's in stock.

SlamJam12

macrumors regular
Sep 1, 2010
Incase

I am waiting patiently to see what iPod touch cases come out. I do want an iPod touch 4G but I want to see Incase's new design for the slider. I wonder how long some of these companies took to get their product out for the iPhone 4.

Is a screen protector still valuable to put on the new display of the iPod touch? I was wondering because the iPhone 4 screen is nice and some were critical of the screen protectors making the screen distort and not as nice.

Cat-toy

macrumors member
Aug 15, 2010
New York City
lol. the entire stae of new york can almost fit in california's central valley. but im sure your's is nice too :eek:

Hehe, I don't live in Central Valley NY, but I hear ya Cali is geographically larger than New york.

MY EX lived in in a place called Central Valley so I was telling the OP to got to the local BB there.

CV is nice here with the mountains and stuff, but it makes my ears pop as I'm a city guy :)

wootwootman

macrumors member
Sep 7, 2010
Hehe, I don't live in Central Valley NY, but I hear ya Cali is geographically larger than New york.

no i wasnt talking about the whole state of california, just our central valley, where a majority of your food comes from. but yeah im like 4 hours from any "real" major city. but its a good thing i ordered my case online.

avilla86

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 25, 2010
Yeah I'm in the CA central valley. Local BB has every old case on clearance but no new cases.

Im ashamed to say that my shiny new iPod is gently covered in saran wrap at the moment. I made sure to not touch it with bare hands even as I opened it. Looks like it won't be leaving my computer desk until I bring home a case and a screen shield.

It's freakin sweet though~!:D

skiltrip

macrumors 68030
May 6, 2010
New York
There are no cases because Apple released the dimensions for the iPod Touch 4G the same day Steve Jobs showed it off on stage. I think a case from a 1G iPod Touch would fit it better then a 2G/3G case.

But there were obviously leaks. I believe the eBay cases from hong kong were available the same day or maybe even before. I bought a couple the day after the keynote and they fit perfectly.

skiltrip

macrumors 68030
May 6, 2010
New York
The Hong Kong sellers I've bought from are Ashopone (bought from him 2 or 3 times), and Bakeepstore. Both sell identical items (from what I can tell). Same price, same shipping time. Not bad cases. I have 7 silicone cases total, and it only cost me $6 and change.

Outrun1986

macrumors 6502
Jun 27, 2010
It looks like there are more cases on ebay now, they are an excellent value especially if you just want an extra case or just want something cheap.

gdkid2010

macrumors regular
Jul 23, 2010
Iowa
Ironically, local Best Buy is starting to stock iPod Touch cases, but they have yet to get more than a few Touches in stock at one time. I have been calling every day for a week and no 64 gb's in stock.

So was I until I called Target one afternoon and they had about 10 64gb in stock!

Sphynx

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2010
Yeah Target in Colonie NY, has 200 iPods (of all sizes and its the 4th gen) in stock, and aparently they cannot selll them until next monday, however they sold me one yesterday! Woot, but they dont have cases, Wallmart doesn't either, I am gonna check the Apple store near me, as well as BestBuy. I am using a black silicon case from my 2nd gen ipod, and it doesnt fit well, but it keeps it from getting scratched for the time being.

skiltrip

macrumors 68030
May 6, 2010
New York

MY EX lived in in a place called Central Valley so I was telling the OP to got to the local BB there.

CV is nice here with the mountains and stuff, but it makes my ears pop as I'm a city guy :)

I have family in Central Valley, and I used to live in Orange County, NY myself.

suchnsuch

macrumors newbie
Sep 7, 2010
I went to Best Buy today and they were putting up Belkin cases for the new touch. I bought a cheaper silicone case because I didn't like any of the design/colors of the belkins though.

darknyt

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2009

Stop calling and order one online shipped to your store. I did that and picked it up Monday.

TheRealVertical

macrumors newbie
Sep 8, 2010
Best Buy has some. That is where I got mine. It's the Griffin Hard Shell case. Really good.

I got the same one, it's perfect. Clear acrylic on the back so you can see the shiny chrome and the engraving, and thin rubber bumper aroudn the side which acts as a NICE grip. Then ZAGG on the screen (and the Griffin case actually covers the edges of the ZAGG so it won't peel up over time).

All in all, a great combo.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.