Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

roland.g

macrumors 604
Apr 11, 2005
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

Go with BSE. Bestskinsever.com. $6.99 full body coverage. Got mine today.

tigress666

macrumors 68040
Apr 14, 2010
Washington State
Hrm, 20 bux for Zaggs which seems to be probably the 3M stuff (which I know is tough cause that is what skinit uses and I have had a skinit skin on my macbook for like 1-2 years and not a scratch on the skin itself even. Plus it has not tried to peel off at all. They claim it also comes off with no residue but since I've never wanted it off, don't know). Plus I don't have to use water to apply it.

But 7 bux is significantly cheaper. Sadly, what really has me more going for the 20 bux is I already know it's probably good and I don't have to use water to install it (I don't care what that webpage says, particularly when installing on something so small, I don't like the idea of applying a wet item on my ipod).

roland.g

macrumors 604
Apr 11, 2005
Hrm, 20 bux for Zaggs which seems to be probably the 3M stuff (which I know is tough cause that is what skinit uses and I have had a skinit skin on my macbook for like 1-2 years and not a scratch on the skin itself even. Plus it has not tried to peel off at all. They claim it also comes off with no residue but since I've never wanted it off, don't know). Plus I don't have to use water to apply it.

But 7 bux is significantly cheaper. Sadly, what really has me more going for the 20 bux is I already know it's probably good and I don't have to use water to install it (I don't care what that webpage says, particularly when installing on something so small, I don't like the idea of applying a wet item on my ipod).

Actually talked to the people at Zagg, and while they have a "dry" install version, they say most people steer away from it because it is too hard to keep bubbles out of it. They recommend the wet installs. The do it at their stores and some Best Buy stores do installation as well, but they charge $5 to $15 for installation, depending on device and amount of coverage.

Now I tried BodyGuardz once and that was a mistake and I know the reputation of Zagg's IS is good. But to my understanding the BSE uses the same 3M stuff as Zagg. Sure it goes on wet. But it is easy to work with, installs well, and dries perfectly. I have used BSE on my original iPhone, iPhone 3G, and iPhone 4 as well as my 2G Nano and my Aluminum MacBook and it has kept all of these devices in mint condition. Sold my original iPhone for over $250 when the 3G came out because of that. My November 2008 Aluminum MacBook looks brand new. My boss has put BSE on his 2 iPhones, his wife's, his sister's, and I have recommended it many other people. Great product and less pricey than Zagg or some of the others. Mine arrived yesterday and I plan to put it on the Nano tonight or sometime this weekend.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.