PDA

View Full Version : Multiple addresses coming into MobileMe, cannot reply using outside addresses

bklynation
Sep 16, 2010, 07:53 AM
Hello,

Apparently this is a known issue with MobileMe, but I can't find an article more current than 2008 discussing it.

With 4 devices (iPhone, iPad, home and work computers), it is absolutely essential for my contacts and calendars to be up to date and MobileMe is perfect.

Email is another situation. I have searched and found a solution to Push all 5 email accounts to MobileMe, filtering into folders. On my Macs, I have set up mobile me to use the SMTP Out for Gmail and indicated all email addresses. The results are great, allowing me to receive everything via MobileMe and send out using whichever email address is prevalent.

See this article: http://jordanbrock.com/2008/07/15/gmail-and-mobileme-living-together-in-perfect-harmony/

The problem is that I would like to set this functionality up for my iPhone and iPad. At this time, any email I receive (from any of my accounts) through MobileMe, can only be replied to from my @me.com address.

Any solutions?