Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

apple-ette

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 29, 2009
I was thinking of trying Jaybird SB2 headphones (with the iSport adapter) for running with iPod Nano 6G. One can apparently run in the rain with them, and they have a "Lifetime Warranty Against Sweat". I don't use Nike+ so I'm not concerned about the need to have the dongle for the headphones.

Has anyone else tried them?

rudy44

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2010
ive placed an order for a pair. gonna try them out despite mixed reviews on the sb2.

hoping some splash/water proof cases for the nano appear. otherwise i'll probably be sticking it in a tiny ziploc

roland.g

macrumors 604
Apr 11, 2005
Someone in this thread
https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1012723/
mentioned having JayBird, but I don't know if those are the buds or the sportband. Chris mentioned in this thread
https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1005482/
having some Sony Ericsson buds that were BT and nice for running, pic posted. It seems most people are using the RocketFish BT adapter not the JayBird one. But later on in the Watch thread someone mentions it.

I think Zagg who makes InvisibleShield also makes buds. They are not BT, but they have inline controls and are coated in the IS skin product making them sweatproof.

ive placed an order for a pair. gonna try them out despite mixed reviews on the sb2.

hoping some splash/water proof cases for the nano appear. otherwise i'll probably be sticking it in a tiny ziploc

Rudy but a BSE - bestskinsever.com skin on the Nano.

roland.g

macrumors 604
Apr 11, 2005

rudy44

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2010
Rudy but a BSE - bestskinsever.com skin on the Nano.[/QUOTE]

im more worried about sweat/rain seeping in than getting scratches.

oftheheavens

macrumors 68000
Jul 9, 2008
cherry point
Sb2's are awesome, hands down best bt headphones, and they are very sweat resistant.

Jaybird is a very good company.

I had the sb1 and sweat killed them, but i was out running in 100 degree weather and they still lasted about a month of working out every day.

So jaybird replaced them with the sb2, no questions asked.

rudy44

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2010
Sb2's are awesome, hands down best bt headphones, and they are very sweat resistant.

Jaybird is a very good company.

I had the sb1 and sweat killed them, but i was out running in 100 degree weather and they still lasted about a month of working out every day.

So jaybird replaced them with the sb2, no questions asked.

that's great to hear! i was a little worried because there were reviews at both extremes. but i decided to take the plunge anyway. does your device run out of battery significantly quicker using the jaybirds?

musicpenguy

macrumors 68000
Oct 29, 2006
I also picked up a pair of these a few weeks ago - fantastic headphones - I also got the iSport dongle and they sound GREAT on the new iPod nano 6G - a wonderful running combo!

I'd be happy to answer any questions about them

rudy44

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2010
I also picked up a pair of these a few weeks ago - fantastic headphones - I also got the iSport dongle and they sound GREAT on the new iPod nano 6G - a wonderful running combo!

do the headphones drain your nano's battery significantly faster? what kinda setup are you using when running? to keep your nano dry

flyerr

macrumors newbie
Oct 20, 2010
I'm planning on getting some sb2s next week. I bought a waterproof shuffle and headphones from 'H2ofriendly' for swimming, and I want to start running with it without wearing out the swim headphones.

marc.garcia

macrumors regular
Jul 26, 2010

Do you know if that BT dongle actually turns your ipod into a apt-x enabled device? I'm currently gathering information regarding this set because I want to use them with my iphone 4 without that device (which means the BT communication would not be apt-x but a2dp if I'm not wrong)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.