PDA

View Full Version : DVDs burned with iDVD freeze after 10 minutes

ccgould
Dec 18, 2004, 03:16 PM
Running Panther 10.3.6 on a G4, iMovie 4, iDVD 4, using Memorex or Verbatim 4.2 G DVDs , movies < 60 minutes, sometimes as short as only 20 minutes. When DVD is played on G4, Dell Inspiron 8500, or TV DVD player, it starts to fall apart after 10-15 minutes, weird pixels appear, motion shudders, gets choppy, finally freezes completely. Can't playany further.

Same iMovie footage played in iMovie on G4 is fine. Same dvd.proj played in iDVD on G4 is fine. Problem only arises when playing DVDs onto which movie has been burned using iDVD. Problem occurs regardless of whether I play them on G4, Inspiron 500 or TV DVD player.

Same problem occurs regardless of whether footage is shot with my inexpensive Panasonic, or my neighbour's top of the line Sony (cost him about USD 8,000). Seems unlikely that camera is the problem.

Tried cleaning DVD drive with cleaning DVD-- no improvement. Friend suggested I try Mac DVDs. Will do so, but why did Memorex's and Verbatim's work fine before? And why do I have the same problem with every one of the DVDs I burn (although the same movie does not necessarily always freeze up in the same place).

Any suggestions on how to narrow down and solve problem would be greatly appreciated!

Chris