Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

djrod

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 16, 2008
Madrid - Spain
My Mac's dock crashed and I had to power off and on with the back button, but now mi snow leopard HD is gone, I can only boot from bootcamp, if I insert the SL install DVD the SL HD is there, but I can not do anything, nor check or repair it! How can I fix this???

r.j.s

Moderator emeritus
Mar 7, 2007
Texas
Thx but it doesn't work, disk utility says the disk has no format :confused:, and the only thing it can do is to create new partitions :(

That doesn't sound good, the disk might be done for ... do you have a backup of the important stuff?

djrod

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 16, 2008
Madrid - Spain
That doesn't sound good, the disk might be done for ... do you have a backup of the important stuff?

Restoring form time machine...the HD that is missing is a brand new SSD, applications on SSD, User on the HD, i was wondering how would be restoring from time machine in a configuration like this but I was expecting to never have to do it, but here I am, testing it by myself :mad:

r.j.s

Moderator emeritus
Mar 7, 2007
Texas
Restoring form time machine...the HD that is missing is a brand new SSD, applications on SSD, User on the HD, i was wondering how would be restoring from time machine in a configuration like this but I was expecting to never have to do it, but here I am, testing it by myself :mad:

Let us know how it goes ...

djrod

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 16, 2008
Madrid - Spain
Let us know how it goes ...

Everything is up and running again.

Time machine is the best Mac feature ever!

By the way I think my Mac went bad because of bootcamp, windows7 hanged up a lot of times and since then my Mac seemed to be weird, I thought it was my imagination but...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.