Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dhelsdon

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 5, 2010
Canadian Eh!
Random rant here - I kinda feel like apple could have done a much better job on the mail app, I am sure there are other apps I could download to replace it but frankly love apple's mail software on my MBP. Why couldn't they make it more like that?

One epic fail in my opinion is not having any type of junk filter whatsoever, all my emails are just in a huge jumble and its really an eye sore. Couldn't they have at least made some type of sync to your current mail setup, from a Mac which sorted the emails exactly as you left them previously on your apple mail.

It just seems so lacking to me, what do you guys think? /end rant

Sedulous

macrumors 68030
Dec 10, 2002
I use gmail. The iPad mail app doesn't even bother with stuff in the junk mail folder and gmail does a surprisingly good job sorting out the junk mail. It would be nice if the mail app could have user defined rules.

mrboult

macrumors 6502
Jul 29, 2008
London, England
I use gmail too! With IMAP not POP.

Gmail can collect emails from other accounts (if automatic forwarding is not available from those accounts, like hotmail)

Gmail has a good junk filter. And with IMAP all my emails and folders automatically sync over all my devices regardless of which device I made the new changes with.

tibi08

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2007
Brighton, UK
Agree with above posters. Get with the program, good email providers have good enough junk filters such that it is no longer necessary on the email client.

tallyho

macrumors 6502a
Aug 15, 2004
UK
Yep - even MobileMe mail (historically somewhat basic in features) now filters junk on the server.

winstonterr

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2010
Hi,
How can i create a poster while writing an email?Just want to add a poster to my email, any body can teach me how to create a poster? Help!Thanks in advance.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.