PDA

View Full Version : Problems in loading Xerox Phaser 6200DP after upgrading to Leopard

foz405
Sep 17, 2010, 02:56 AM
I thought I'd upgrade from 10.4.11 to 10.5.8, Leopard. All went well except now I can't load the print driver correctly to use all the printer facilities.
Yes, I went to the Xerox site, downloaded the drivers then through System Preferences looked for the printer to add. Can't see anything that looks like a Xerox, nothing in Appletalk. Go to more printers and it gives me the option of HP IP Printing, two Epsons and a Canon under auto. So I look at Manual.
I did get it to work manually by typing in the IP address, but that doesn't allow me to use any of the features of the printer, just the basic print.
I did note that there is something under Windows in the System Preferences, but I'm loathe to fiddle with this until I know what I'm doing.

I'm at my wits end. If anyone can help I'd be grateful. Otherwise it's back to Tiger on my backup which will cause other issues.
Please ..

Grahame

G4 PowerPC, 1.5Ghz: 2GB DDR SDRAM

MacHamster68
Sep 17, 2010, 04:42 AM
hello read that article here completely

then you might know why its not working with all features ,as not all features are supported with some printer drivers from manufacturers
http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1370

had the same problems and bought a usb printer thats fully supported under Tiger and Leopard an snow leopard from hp at the end ,as all in one printers now are cheaper then the ink inside ....