PDA

View Full Version : Splashtop remote desktop app.

LiloThePleo
Sep 17, 2010, 05:37 PM
Just tested it out and wow, definitely the best remote desktop app I have used, it is currently on sale and it is well worth the money.

I was able to play flash games, videos, video games and any of my normal programs including 3DS Max without a murmur. Well worth a look!

tastychicken
Sep 17, 2010, 06:09 PM
I picked this up also. But i haven't tried it out yet. Looking forward to using it!

Oman
Oct 9, 2010, 06:40 PM
This APP is on sale for 99cent get while the getting is good......

2macORnot2mac
Oct 11, 2010, 11:43 AM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

I paid $5 a couple weeks ago.
Worth it, yes.

symple84
Oct 11, 2010, 09:07 PM
Dumb question... Does this work when you somewhere else too only when connected to your home network???

THFourteen
Oct 22, 2010, 03:52 AM
works (slowly) but fine over 3G from here in my office

This really shines over wifi though, i can play the football manager 2011 demo on my ipad almost perfectly.

touch controls work brilliantly for this game too.

gonna try civilization 5 out as well, if it supports 1024x768 it'll work

Moyank24
Oct 22, 2010, 10:57 AM
Is this only for Windows users? Or can it be used with my Mac?

ravenvii
Oct 23, 2010, 01:21 PM
Is this only for Windows users? Or can it be used with my Mac?

Windows only. The developers said they're working on a Mac version of the server, though.

JulianL
Oct 23, 2010, 02:11 PM
What does it do to the screen resolution on the PC I connect to? My main PC is 2048 x 1152 resolution. When I go to my desk after having remoted into it from the iPad I'm not going to find the screen resolution reset to 1024 x 768 and need to set it back each time and rearrange my desktop icons am I? I've used remote access programs in the past that have done this.

- Julian

ravenvii
Oct 24, 2010, 01:56 PM
What does it do to the screen resolution on the PC I connect to? My main PC is 2048 x 1152 resolution. When I go to my desk after having remoted into it from the iPad I'm not going to find the screen resolution reset to 1024 x 768 and need to set it back each time and rearrange my desktop icons am I? I've used remote access programs in the past that have done this.

- Julian

No, it will stay at the resolution you set it at. You'll have to pan around the screen with the iPad, however.

I did set my desktop to 1024x768 though, and it looks phenomenal on the iPad. But I understand not wanting to mess up your desktop and window sizes and etc.

doboy
Oct 25, 2010, 05:57 PM
I love this app. Since I recently got a media PC I use this app to watch hulu and other flash-based video websites on my iPad through the PC. It works flawlessly with no video issues.

splashtop
Nov 18, 2010, 02:30 AM
Splashtop Remote for iPhone & iPod touch just released.
Enjoy!!!

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/splashtop-remote-desktop-for/id402056323

TangoDown
Nov 18, 2010, 03:53 AM
With one test video on my PC it was clear it compensates by dropping frames.

In terms of productivity it's not a patch on iTap RDP & I hate it needs an application running on the host PC as well.
It's OK, but I'm glad there was a free one to try.

knucklehead
Nov 18, 2010, 06:45 AM
Is there going to be a version of this that works on iPad and connects to Mac?

So far I bought the original after hearing it was soon to be getting Mac compatibility, and the current Mac compatible version for another buck ... and that only works on the iPad at 2x ... which isn't worth using.

99 cents is a nice price, but so far I've thrown away 2 bucks for nothing that even works for me.

It would be nice to know what the plans are.

This is a forum for iPad Apps.

knucklehead
Nov 18, 2010, 12:47 PM
Note to self re the iPad being so easy to grab when you wake up in the middle of the night: Make sure you're reasonably awake before downloading apps. :D

To Splashtop - Is Mac support coming soon, and will it be a free upgrade for the current iPad app?

Thanks.

splashtop
Nov 22, 2010, 12:20 AM
Mac support for Splashtop Remote has recently been released as open public beta. Free download of the mac beta server from www.splashtopremote.com
Both the Splashtop Remote iPad app, as well as iPhone/iPodTouch app work with the Mac beta...