Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iGuyiGuy

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 19, 2010
So let me start this thread by saying I have OCD when it comes to data backup..

Now I purchased a 16gig wifi iPad and I use it on a daily basis as I am a pharmacist. However it cant hold everything I need, like my photos and huge music and movie collection..

So I recently added a 64gig wifi iPad which basically I loaded everything onto it and it stays at home for safe keeping.

My question here is, is that safe? Say my macbook dies, will I be able to transfer all of that to a new macbook by syncing my iPad with iTunes?

Thanks to all those who respond..

chiefroastbeef

macrumors 6502a
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas/ Hong Kong
So let me start this thread by saying I have OCD when it comes to data backup..

Now I purchased a 16gig wifi iPad and I use it on a daily basis as I am a pharmacist. However it cant hold everything I need, like my photos and huge music and movie collection..

So I recently added a 64gig wifi iPad which basically I loaded everything onto it and it stays at home for safe keeping.

My question here is, is that safe? Say my macbook dies, will I be able to transfer all of that to a new macbook by syncing my iPad with iTunes?

Thanks to all those who respond..

Seriously... get an external hard drive, and use Time Capsule, or Super Duper to duplicate your MBP hard drive. That will be the easiest way and give you an absolute peace of mind.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.