Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

theRkid

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 25, 2010
Hey, I just looked at my iPod touch and I see that there is some sort of material in the sides of it on the edges of the screen. There is a small light leak that is on it near the bottom. Is the reason the material is getting in because it's not "closed enough" ? I'm asking because I want to know what to tell them what the defects are. The light leak is all I have found, but is this a defect too ?

Also, since I'm going into the Apple store this weekend to replace it, is there a fee when replacing it for this defect ?

AbyssImpact

macrumors 6502a
Aug 6, 2010
Go to your local Apple store to get this replaced asap. Buyers should not take items that have defects with the price we pay.

tablo13

macrumors 65816
Jul 29, 2010
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Of course it's a defect, you paid "premium for an Apple product." exchanging (return) would cost you money, replacing it under warranty (if the genius approves) is free though.

theRkid

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 25, 2010
Of course it's a defect, you paid "premium for an Apple product." exchanging (return) would cost you money, replacing it under warranty (if the genius approves) is free though.

Sorry, I meant replacing it. Yeah, I'm going to go to my local Apple store ASAP. Do I bring everything that was included like the earphones and connectors because they'll give me a new set or bring everything and they'll give me the iPod only ? Just wanna make sure what to bring.

TheBlackHalo

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2010
Bring everything that was included to the apple store (including your receipt). They should give you a brand new unopened iPod. I just had mine replaced for light leak.

Cancelled
Aug 14, 2010
More and more of these light leaking issues are popping up. I'm starting to think that Apple making the device so thin has led to many more screen defects. I've never had these types of problems with thicker devices before and OP, yes, take it back.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.