PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about buying a keyboard dock

Eldiablojoe
Sep 18, 2010, 04:47 PM
Would anyone that has/uses one tell me what you think of it?

Thanks

Built
Sep 18, 2010, 05:21 PM
Would anyone that has/uses one tell me what you think of it?

Thanks

There is LOTS of feedback on this board about the Apple Keyboard Dock. The prevailing opinion amongst the majority is that it is fairly useless if you intend on keeping your iPad in a case. There are also stability issues with the dock.

I've opted for the Apple Wireless Keyboard instead.

Eldiablojoe
Sep 18, 2010, 05:35 PM
You balance your iPad against what (Not that flimsy fold-over prop-up that comes with the Apple case I hope) while you use the wireless keyboard?

Built
Sep 18, 2010, 06:25 PM
You balance your iPad against what (Not that flimsy fold-over prop-up that comes with the Apple case I hope) while you use the wireless keyboard?

Nope...I use three different things...I gave up on the Apple case early on...

I use a Yoobao Magic Case much of the time. It props up sturdily and comes in a nice tight little package.

Depending on my mood, if I take it out of the Yoobao Magic Case, I pop on a TPU protector, and either use the awesome folding stand I got off of ebay. It is a tripod stand that folds out and is VERY sturdy. It is the exact same stand that is sold by Mac4you in the UK, but here in the States, you can get it MUCH cheaper off of Ebay. Sometimes, I use the Griffin A-frame, though I hardly use it anymore because the other stand is so much easier.

I have two iPad bags which I use alternately when I travel. When I am going to be away a couple of days, I have a medium messenger bag from Spire which holds everything and more, but for short trips, I carry the Case Crown Vertical messenger bag which handily holds the ipad, the wireless keyboard, the folding stand, and the power adapter, as well as my extended external battery.

Brawnydt
Sep 18, 2010, 08:03 PM
I'm holding out for Sena's iPad Keyboard Folio. It looks awesome!

http://www.senacases.com/apple/apple-ipad-cases/keyboard-folio/