PDA

View Full Version : iPad stuck in recovery!

vaderhater245
Sep 18, 2010, 08:35 PM
First off, if there's another thread about going from 4.2 Beta to 3.2.2 regarding this issue, please redirect me, couldn't find one. This is my story...

downloaded the new 4.2 beta as usual this week. Everything was fine until i realized my mobile authenticator app for blizzard wasn't working when trying to log in. I thought i could do a quick restore back to 3.2.2 and grab my backup that i have saved in itunes. During the restore process my ipad froze and 5 minutes later iTunes said the ipad can not be restored leaving me with no error number like others have had. once i clicked ok, itunes then repeated the original message of "discovered an ipad in recovery mode, please restore". It's like going around in circles with it.

Talked to apple support and they have no knowledge of 4.2 to 3.2.2 downgrading as of yet. Is there any other method of getting 3.2.2 back onto my ipad? or is my best bet being a trip to the genius bar?

jmann
Sep 18, 2010, 11:22 PM
Try putting the iPad into DFU mode first. And then do a restore. (see signature link for instructions)

xraytech
Sep 19, 2010, 10:48 AM
First off, if there's another thread about going from 4.2 Beta to 3.2.2 regarding this issue, please redirect me, couldn't find one. This is my story...

downloaded the new 4.2 beta as usual this week. Everything was fine until i realized my mobile authenticator app for blizzard wasn't working when trying to log in. I thought i could do a quick restore back to 3.2.2 and grab my backup that i have saved in itunes. During the restore process my ipad froze and 5 minutes later iTunes said the ipad can not be restored leaving me with no error number like others have had. once i clicked ok, itunes then repeated the original message of "discovered an ipad in recovery mode, please restore". It's like going around in circles with it.

Talked to apple support and they have no knowledge of 4.2 to 3.2.2 downgrading as of yet. Is there any other method of getting 3.2.2 back onto my ipad? or is my best bet being a trip to the genius bar?

Been there too.

Download RecBoot

http://www.sebby.net/443-recboot-final-release/

There will be two apps when you unzip. Install and run "Exit Only" that will kick you out of Recovery Mode. Hope that helps. =D

cliegal
Sep 19, 2010, 11:40 AM
I did the same thing. Some of my apps didn't run in 4.2. I got stuck in the restore loop after putting it in DFU mode and trying to go back to 3.2.2. RecBoot didn't work. The only thing that worked was taking it to the Apple Store. They too got stuck in restore mode so they exchanged it for a new iPad.

I think I'll wait for the official release.