Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gemalem

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 19, 2010
Hey all

So I got my macbook from PC World (uk) in December of last year, and the rubber base has just started to come off :S

I read that you can take it to an apple shop & get a new base put on it, but i was wondering

1. Can I still get it done for free if i got my macbook from a shop that isnt the actual Apple store?

2. How long will it take them to put a base on it for me?

I havent been able to find anything else about it but if anyone knows the answer or can point me in the right direction please let me know :]

spinnerlys

Sep 7, 2008
forlod bygningen
1. Yes, you can go to any Apple Store or Apple Authorised Dealer, which offers repairs and they will take care of it. The place of purchase is not important in this case.

2. I don't know, but it shouldn't take longer than a day if they have the part in the store and the capacity to change it there.

gemalem

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 19, 2010
1. Yes, you can go to any Apple Store or Apple Authorised Dealer, which offers repairs and they will take care of it. The place of purchase is not important in this case.

2. I don't know, but it shouldn't take longer than a day if they have the part in the store and the capacity to change it there.

Thank you very much :] Should I just make a genius bar appointment?

gemalem

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 19, 2010
Thanks again :) I'll book a slot ^_^

Most of my data is on my external hard drive only anyway so all's good

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.