PDA

View Full Version : <b> How do i put a picture in my sig?</b>

CaptainCaveMann
Dec 20, 2004, 11:47 AM
????

edesignuk
Dec 20, 2004, 11:49 AM
You can't.

Oh, and HTML tags don't work anywhere in these forums, let alone thread titles ;) :p

emw
Dec 20, 2004, 12:22 PM
If you could put pictures in sigs, I suppose Avatars would become slightly less coveted (Keira notwithstanding). At your current rate, you'll be eligible on May 19, 2005, so mark your calendar :)!

To bold text, use the "[]" brackets instead of "<>".

edesignuk
Dec 20, 2004, 01:20 PM
To bold text, use the "[]" brackets instead of "<>".Just to be clear, even using vB tags will not have any effect on thread titles, only the body of the thread.

Flowbee
Dec 20, 2004, 01:21 PM
You can't.

Thank god!

Phat_Pat
Dec 20, 2004, 01:48 PM
Thank god!
seriously... cant stand pics in sigs

Mr. Anderson
Dec 20, 2004, 02:09 PM
Thank god!

truly! There are enough sigs now that make reading the threads a little distracting at times.....

bleh....

I think you have to be under that age of at least 20 to have a picture in your sig as far as I've been able to tell from other forums....

D

Doctor Q
Dec 20, 2004, 03:01 PM
You can put ASCII art in signatures, if it's only a few lines high. One member does that, but I forget who. I'm sure somebody will clue me in once I post this.

Sun Baked
Dec 20, 2004, 03:06 PM
Think how distracting it would be to see these things at the end of all the post, sort of makes it look like a forum for tweenies.

http://forums.macrumors.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=12420&stc=1

Think how distracting it would be to see these things at the end of all the post, sort of makes it look like a forum for tweenies.

http://forums.macrumors.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3570

http://forums.macrumors.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2582

Repeated endlessly, rather more annoying that the tars.

jxyama
Dec 20, 2004, 03:38 PM
333 more (non-spam) posts to go, bud. :D

CaptainCaveMann
Dec 20, 2004, 04:45 PM
truly! There are enough sigs now that make reading the threads a little distracting at times.....

bleh....

I think you have to be under that age of at least 20 to have a picture in your sig as far as I've been able to tell from other forums....

DOk then i didnt mean a pic in your sig i meant hoe do i put a pic in the left side just like how you have a pic showing on the left side everytime you post Mr. Anderson

CaptainCaveMann
Dec 20, 2004, 04:45 PM
You can't.

Oh, and HTML tags don't work anywhere in these forums, let alone thread titles ;) :pYou have a pic as well how do i do that?

jxyama
Dec 20, 2004, 04:49 PM
Ok then i didnt mean a pic in your sig i meant hoe do i put a pic in the left side just like how you have a pic showing on the left side everytime you post Mr. Anderson

those are called avatars. you need 500 posts to have the option. (hence my prev. post.)

you can, however, add a picture to your profile page without reaching that number. look at your control panel. (upper left, right under the MR banner, "User CP.") when you get to 500 posts, you'll find the avatar option there as well.

CaptainCaveMann
Dec 20, 2004, 05:24 PM
those are called avatars. you need 500 posts to have the option. (hence my prev. post.)

you can, however, add a picture to your profile page without reaching that number. look at your control panel. (upper left, right under the MR banner, "User CP.") when you get to 500 posts, you'll find the avatar option there as well.Cha Ching! Thanks i DO have that option woo hoo i must have hit 500 posts as well, thanks :D

emw
Dec 20, 2004, 09:26 PM
Cha Ching! Thanks i DO have that option woo hoo i must have hit 500 posts as well, thanks :D

Not so fast - you'll see the Edit Avatar option, but you won't be able to do anything with it until you hit 500. You can check that out by going to Quick Links > My Profile.

maya
Dec 21, 2004, 12:05 AM
Not so fast - you'll see the Edit Avatar option, but you won't be able to do anything with it until you hit 500. You can check that out by going to Quick Links > My Profile.

ROTF, there is an even easier way to tell. He still has a title called regular not a number until (s)he acquires a member number that is a quick indicator that (s)he has reached 500 posts and onwards. :)

Still a long way to go. :)

CaptainCaveMann
Dec 21, 2004, 02:58 AM
Loooong sigh :::classic awwwwwww::: :o

Veldek
Dec 21, 2004, 05:22 AM
ROTF, there is an even easier way to tell. He still has a title called regular not a number until (s)he acquires a member number that is a quick indicator that (s)he has reached 500 posts and onwards. :)

Still a long way to go. :)

Hey maya, could you tell me who the girl in your avatar is? She looks really pretty.

edesignuk
Dec 21, 2004, 05:46 AM
-CaptainCaveMann

GUIDE/FAQ: Hay guys, how do I get an avatar? (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=90468) :D

PlaceofDis
Dec 21, 2004, 02:53 PM
-CaptainCaveMann

GUIDE/FAQ: Hay guys, how do I get an avatar? (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=90468) :D

took you long enough to get that up there edesignuk

zelmo
Dec 21, 2004, 03:01 PM

He was still recovering from the shock of his beloved KK getting "shot." Either that, or plotting revenge against a certain member for suggesting KK has a startling resemblance to an 8-year old boychild. ;)

edesignuk
Dec 21, 2004, 03:07 PM
The thread wasn't asking about avatars when it started out, I posted as soon as I saw the change of direction ;) :D

Littleodie914
Dec 22, 2004, 08:28 PM
Hey maya, could you tell me who the girl in your avatar is? She looks really pretty.I'm gonna have to second this request... :cool: :D

CaptainCaveMann
Dec 22, 2004, 08:54 PM
I'm gonna have to second this request... :cool: :DShe looks like shes 12 you guys are sick

edesignuk
Dec 23, 2004, 04:08 AM
She looks like shes 12 you guys are sick
http://upload.edesignuk.net/uploaded_data/smilies/rollinglaugh.gif

Diatribe
Dec 23, 2004, 04:38 AM

Yeah, I was wondering how long it'd take :D

Diatribe
Dec 23, 2004, 04:39 AM

If a girl ever asks you to guess her age... DON'T! ;)

Littleodie914
Dec 23, 2004, 07:52 AM
She looks like shes 12 you guys are sickWhat? Are you serious? :confused: To me, she looks like she's at least 19 or 20 years old... Do my eyes deceive me? (Either way, she's cute, and I'd still like to know who it is! :D :cool: )

solvs
Dec 23, 2004, 01:52 PM
Please tell me you're kidding...

Sun Baked
Dec 23, 2004, 02:17 PM
If a girl ever asks you to guess her age... DON'T! ;)Why?

At least he'd be guessing low, which would make her feel better.

It's when you really try to guess somebody's age and guess 40, when she's 25 -- that you run into social problems.

Or guess 18, when she's really 12 that you risk some nasty criminal problems.

:p

tech4all
Dec 23, 2004, 03:17 PM

I can see how she can look very young and also look older. Depends how you look at it. At first she looked 12, then if I look at her differently, I see that shes probably much older than 12. :)

Diatribe
Dec 24, 2004, 05:31 AM
Why?

At least he'd be guessing low, which would make her feel better.

It's when you really try to guess somebody's age and guess 40, when she's 25 -- that you run into social problems.

Or guess 18, when she's really 12 that you risk some nasty criminal problems.

:p

If a girl is about let's say 24 and you say she looks like 14 that's not quite a compliment... but I agree rather lower than higher... but not THAT low ;) that's just as bad.

Wardofsky
Dec 26, 2004, 10:44 PM
Hey Sun Baked, who's the girl in your 'tar...
Wait a minute... she's CG!

From images in sigs, to girls in 'tars...

Sun Baked
Dec 26, 2004, 11:20 PM
Hey Sun Baked, who's the girl in your 'tar...
Wait a minute... she's CG!

From images in sigs, to girls in 'tars...Glad you asked that's Six who is voiced by Gina Gershon...

BIO

Six is the hottest, sexiest and most advanced android ever created. Designed to have more sex than a dorm full of college freshmen, her programming enables her to fake more than 2,000 types of orgasms in over 600 languages.

The full bio is here

http://www.scifi.com/tripping/characters/six/

Edit: of course if I put "that" in my signature, I'd probably upset more people than the got milk tar -- in fact people are already insulted enough without the bio. :o

Wardofsky
Dec 27, 2004, 02:55 AM
The full bio is here

http://www.scifi.com/tripping/characters/six/

Edit: of course if I put "that" in my signature, I'd probably upset more people than the got milk tar -- in fact people are already insulted enough without the bio. :o

I'd say: (from the bio)

Foreplay
Being offline when Chode wants sex or foreplay

For such a complex robot, such a simple interface... :p

CanadaRAM
Dec 30, 2004, 10:47 PM
Hey maya, could you tell me who the girl in your avatar is? She looks really pretty.

If I had to guess I would say it's the Icelandic singer/acress Bjork. Go to Google Images and search for Bjork.

Agreed, it's hard to tell the age of the model from the photo, at that angle. Especially if it is Bjork, who has such an unconventional beauty - large, almost asiatic eyes, wide cheekbones and a pixie mouth.

(Those just happen to be the same cues that trigger recognition of a young child or a young animal - large eyes, chubby cheeks, small mouth, large head in proportion to the body. See also any number of dolls, cartoon characters and velvet paintings of adorable children and pets which exaggerate these features.)

Now Cap'n: The model is undeniably pretty -- and so what if she was 12? Veldek said she was pretty, did not say that (s)he wanted to have children with her. I hope I could state the opinion that say, Emma Watson, is pretty without being accused of being sick.

Thanks
Trevor
CanadaRAM.com

Veldek
Jan 3, 2005, 05:31 AM
If I had to guess I would say it's the Icelandic singer/acress Bjork. Go to Google Images and search for Bjork.

Are you sure? I know Bjork from my memory and I don't think she looks anything like her. I think I have to look her up later.

I don't think she looks like 12, too. I would have guessed she was 21 or 22. But, my guesses are often far away from the truth, so I should be careful perhaps... ;)

maya
Jan 3, 2005, 04:31 PM
Some things are best kept a secret. :)

I do appreciate that people here like my avatar. It might be me or might not, however I am not going to say as of yet. :)

Littleodie914
Jan 21, 2005, 09:15 PM
Some things are best kept a secret. :)

I do appreciate that people here like my avatar. It might be me or might not, however I am not going to say as of yet. :)If it in fact is you, well... Eh....

It's a pleasure to post in your presense :)

sjpetry
Jan 21, 2005, 10:06 PM
I don't know what you guys are on, she is 12. :eek:

SuperChuck
Jan 21, 2005, 10:09 PM

I always thought it was that famous National Geographic cover girl.

(Who, incidentally, was about 12.)