PDA

View Full Version : iPad, Camera Connection Kit and iMic only has mono audio input

Artmuzz
Sep 20, 2010, 08:12 AM
I recently bought the camera connection kit and Griffith's iMic to get audio input function on my iPad.

I use the sampler on NanoStudio and connect my mp3 player into the audio input of the iMic to my iPad but when I play back what I have recorded on my iPad it isn't in stereo but mono:confused:

So it looks as if the iPad only has mono audio-in capabilities instead of the prefered stereo. Boo Hoo!!!:mad: Or am I doing something wrong?

Please advise

Art

Coukos34
Sep 20, 2010, 11:47 AM
I recently bought the camera connection kit and Griffith's iMic to get audio input function on my iPad.

I use the sampler on NanoStudio and connect my mp3 player into the audio input of the iMic to my iPad but when I play back what I have recorded on my iPad it isn't in stereo but mono:confused:

So it looks as if the iPad only has mono audio-in capabilities instead of the prefered stereo. Boo Hoo!!!:mad: Or am I doing something wrong?

Please advise

Art

I'm surprised it works at all. Where does it say compatible with the iPad?

http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/imic

Artmuzz
Sep 20, 2010, 12:09 PM
Its on the net especially YouTube that the USB socket on Camera Connection Kit not only works with cameras but with audio devices aswell including the iMic and it actually works.

My only disappointment is that the audio input is only mono even though the iMic supports stereo audio input.

Art

Amazing Iceman
Sep 20, 2010, 12:34 PM
Its on the net especially YouTube that the USB socket on Camera Connection Kit not only works with cameras but with audio devices aswell including the iMic and it actually works.

My only disappointment is that the audio input is only mono even though the iMic supports stereo audio input.

Art

That may be the default setting for the iMic. Hopefully someone would write a driver to configure it in stereo. Or, if there's a way to change it's firmware to make stereo the default, that would work too.