PDA

View Full Version : iPad touchscreen unresponsive?

Jeeg
Sep 20, 2010, 08:35 AM
Hello there

After owning the iPhone 4 for a month, I've decided that I needed a larger device for reading books, so I bought a new 32GB wifi iPad.

I've noticed on the iPad is that the touchscreen seems slightly less responsive than on the iPhone 4. Sometimes I have to tap the buttons a few times to get into applications.

Is this normal?

steviem
Sep 20, 2010, 08:38 AM
I don't feel this problem myself, maybe see if a friend with an iPad could have a look too to see how bad it is, maybe theres a problem with the digitizer. You could also take it to an Apple Genius, or....

You're tapping it wrong! ;)

diabolic
Sep 20, 2010, 09:07 AM
Is this normal?

No.

lozpop
Sep 20, 2010, 09:14 AM
I don't think it's normal considering that the iPad has a fantastic touch screen. Try another iPad in a store to see if it's yours that is bugged.

martosprint
Sep 20, 2010, 12:19 PM
I have read that if the screen is dirty or oily that will have an affect on the touch screen. Try cleaning it with a micro fiber cloth and see if it improves any. Most times you cannot even see the dirty screen while you are using it, but it sure shows up when the iPad is off or sleeping. See if it helps in your case, because I know these screens can get very dirty or smudgy. 

tekchic
Sep 20, 2010, 12:29 PM
Do you have any kind of screen protector over it? I have Ghost Armor on mine and it's just as sensitive as the one we have at work that's naked. You might want to schedule a Genius appointment to have it checked out.