Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sparkomatic

macrumors 6502a
Jun 8, 2007
Orange County, CA
It looks nice. I was thinking of getting the SGP Vintage case but it looks like it's sold out everywhere.

I just saw that PowerSupport has a store in Burbank. Might have to make a trip out there to check out the case!

Nhwhazup

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2010
New Hampshire
Thinking of getting this powersupport case? Any opinions even though I am pretty sure nobody has them yet. Powersupport is usually the best when it comes to screen protection can't imagine the case isn't as durable.

http://www.powersupportusa.com/catalog/product/view/id/286/s/leather-folio/category/37/

Looks exactly like the Yoobao Slim case without the white stitching and at almost double the price. I have the Yoobao Slim in brown and love it. If you decide to get this Power Support let us know how you like it and please also share some additional photos. I'm curious about the inside material as well as how the front cover crease is made (I.e. Sewn or just creased).

Beau10

macrumors 65816
Apr 6, 2008
US based digital nomad
I agree, looks very similar to the Yoobao slim.

Also the strap appears annoyingly long. As someone with a MacAlly boostand, this is the technique I believe they use to get a better grip here, as the MacAlly's is too flimsy and short to stay secure. The slim (my gf has one) reinforces this piece with cardboard at the last couple inches as a solution, which I think is more elegant. I have a slim on the way myself, will use shoe polish to cover up the stitching.

nixiemaiden

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2010
I read a review saying the quality is subpar and not worth the $.

I can't find it but I think it was in here somewhere.

Nhwhazup

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2010
New Hampshire
I agree, looks very similar to the Yoobao slim.

Also the strap appears annoyingly long. As someone with a MacAlly boostand, this is the technique I believe they use to get a better grip here, as the MacAlly's is too flimsy and short to stay secure. The slim (my gf has one) reinforces this piece with cardboard at the last couple inches as a solution, which I think is more elegant. I have a slim on the way myself, will use shoe polish to cover up the stitching.

Does your GF love the "slim" case? Has she had any issues with it? I would assume not if you also ordered one for yourself. Does the shoe polish work in covering up the contrast stitching? Is the inside of the case on the black also the nice suede or faux suede?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.