Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Wilshire

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 20, 2004
I didn't see a thread started about this on the forums, but I did read something about it on the main page. I don't know if it has to do with the recent install of 10.3.7 but I have recently noticed my battery life take a sharp fall. Just doing my internet browsing, messenger, and light downloading my battery life seems to be about 2 hours, down from around 3.

I checked the activity monitor and didn't see any suspicious looking processes pushing the CPU. Im going to try letting the battery completely drain and then charge it. Thanks for any input.

Edit: RevC 15 inch 1.33 Ghz. 768 MB ram.

killuminati

macrumors 68020
Dec 6, 2004
hey, i noticed the same thing with my 15" pb. With a full charge I now only get 1:45 (web browsing, msn, itunes) instead of around 3. This is with brightest LCD and automatic processor performace but even if i lower both I only get around 2 hours.

Logik

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2004
killuminati said:
hey, i noticed the same thing with my 15" pb. With a full charge I now only get 1:45 (web browsing, msn, itunes) instead of around 3. This is with brightest LCD and automatic processor performace but even if i lower both I only get around 2 hours.

um... with 10.3.7 i noticed mine go UP... i set my display at the lowest brightness setting, wireless on, bluetooth off.... i get an estimated 3 hours and 45 minutes now.. used to get 3 hours and 15 minutes...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.