PDA

View Full Version : Background programs on ipad

iNtaCt
Sep 20, 2010, 12:22 PM
Hello guys, i have a question about the background programs on ipad. How can i see when a program is running on my background and is it actually have a way to do that without the backgrounder program? I`m with 3.2.2 Unjailbreakoken ipad. Thank you.

oli356
Sep 20, 2010, 12:31 PM
Nothing is running really.. music if its playing.. safari saves its tabs etc.

iNtaCt
Sep 20, 2010, 02:38 PM
What about skype or mail?

maturola
Sep 20, 2010, 02:41 PM
What about skype or mail?

Background was introduce to iOS on version 4, iPad is still to get the 4 update (still running 3.x). Only some Apple application background (like they did on the iPhone before 4) Mail, Safari and iPod app.

None 3er party Application can currently background on the iPad (unless you are jailbroken of course)

oli356
Sep 20, 2010, 02:42 PM
I don't think there 'open' . Not sure about the mail because I use another mailbox, which isn't open but it gives you a notification of when you have new mail. So pretty much what skype does.

iNtaCt
Sep 20, 2010, 02:59 PM
I'm asking for this because of my battery and one stupid program called "double battery" which i bought 2 days ago. So when it is not on my background it is not working at all. So i'm 2 euros lost. Thank you guys for your fast replays.

Night Spring
Sep 20, 2010, 03:26 PM
I'm asking for this because of my battery and one stupid program called "double battery" which i bought 2 days ago. So when it is not on my background it is not working at all. So i'm 2 euros lost. Thank you guys for your fast replays.

You're out 2euros all right. That app doesn't do anything other than display your battery levels. Kind of surprising it's still up. I'd contact apple customer support and complain.

maturola
Sep 20, 2010, 03:32 PM

Yeah, you can ask for a refund if you are not happy with the App. Just contact customer support

iNtaCt
Sep 20, 2010, 03:45 PM
I already did it but i think its a scam!

iamthekiller
Sep 21, 2010, 12:11 AM

Wow. You thought this was going to double your battery life? If such magic was possible, don't you think Apple would have used something similar in the first place?

I feel like creating nonsense apps claiming all sorts of crap because clearly people are paying for them.

ovrlrd
Sep 21, 2010, 12:30 AM

You think it was a scam? Wow, maybe you should have done that before wasting your money on something like that.

You probably won't get very far with your money in life if you throw it away on things that sound too good to be true just for the "chance" of it working.

I also hear people who throw away all their money trying to win the lottery aren't very good at math.

MadeTheSwitch
Sep 22, 2010, 12:33 PM
A good app to have if you are the techie type and want to see what processes are running on your iPad at any give moment is activity monitor. At the time of this post it's currently a free app too.

Find it in the itunes store here:

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/activity-monitor-touch/id385619152?mt=8