Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

The JTizzle

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 14, 2009
Maine
Thinking of stepping up my case on my iPad and was looking at the otterbox defender case. I currently have the apple case and love it for typing but was wonder how the OBD held up for typing on it in the raised stance. It looks great for watching a video, but looked a little high in the pics for typing. Can any one toss me some personal experience typing on the Defender int he cradle stand position? I'd really appreciate it.

xraytech

macrumors 68030
Mar 24, 2010
Thinking of stepping up my case on my iPad and was looking at the otterbox defender case. I currently have the apple case and love it for typing but was wonder how the OBD held up for typing on it in the raised stance. It looks great for watching a video, but looked a little high in the pics for typing. Can any one toss me some personal experience typing on the Defender int he cradle stand position? I'd really appreciate it.

Too steep.

pv1191

macrumors member
Apr 27, 2010
I have one and love it. The typing does take some getting used to, but it's not cumbersome by any means.

The JTizzle

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 14, 2009
Maine
Picked one up for like 45 bucks on Amazon and man I must say it's a hell of a case. I feel so safe my my ipad now in backpacks and just getting tossed around on the desk n such. It's not as nice to type on as the apple case but for the small amount that I do type with emails and IM it's not to bad after a little adjustment period. Case gets a an A- overall from me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.